Preferred choice….
1. Slowbray
2. Spudhead
3. Ferencpussycat
(02-01-2022, 10:54 PM)Atomic Wrote: We are in a horrible position right now. The club is fractured, the gates have dropped alarmingly, the atmosphere is non existent and the mood surrounding the club is toxic. That absolutely has to be addressed.

I actually think the club were right to look to a longer term plan and I was happy to give Val a fair chance but the state the club is in now dictates that things have to change. In hindsight, the idea was right but the appointment wasn't.

Straight away the majority of the fan base weren't happy. Cheap option, long ball, he's from fkng Barnsley etc etc. Subconsciously people weren't on board and when it's like that it doesn't take much for things to turn sceptic.

We must appoint someone fans are going to accept  whether we like it or not, and I don't particularly, but perception goes a long way with the modern fan.

Appoint Fletcher and Subconsciously he's automatically accepted by fans. If not their first choice, he's still accepted, one because of his link to us (same with Mozza) but two because of his link to Man United (same with Carrick).

We won't achieve anything when we're all divided, everyone has to be on board the train. You can't please every single person but when there's a large percentage of acceptance others jump on the bandwagon whether it's right or not.

Ex. Bilic - still loved by Albion fans even though the first six months apart his results were dreadful.

A manager like Bruce for example is unexciting and will just annoy fans further. He'd be doomed before he even got started.

The powers that be at the Albion failed to take into account the importance of fans perceptions when they appointed Ismael. They can't afford to make the same mistake again.
You make good points.
But for me the most important post to fill, and before we get any managerial change, is DoF.
Get someone in who knows football.
There are plenty out there who can advise the useless Board. Then we can appoint any of the above.
(02-01-2022, 11:04 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: 1. Slowbray
2. Spudhead
3. Ferencpussycat

Who was it who coined the term “Slowbray” last time he was here?
(02-01-2022, 11:23 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 10:54 PM)Atomic Wrote: We are in a horrible position right now. The club is fractured, the gates have dropped alarmingly, the atmosphere is non existent and the mood surrounding the club is toxic. That absolutely has to be addressed.

I actually think the club were right to look to a longer term plan and I was happy to give Val a fair chance but the state the club is in now dictates that things have to change. In hindsight, the idea was right but the appointment wasn't.

Straight away the majority of the fan base weren't happy. Cheap option, long ball, he's from fkng Barnsley etc etc. Subconsciously people weren't on board and when it's like that it doesn't take much for things to turn sceptic.

We must appoint someone fans are going to accept  whether we like it or not, and I don't particularly, but perception goes a long way with the modern fan.

Appoint Fletcher and Subconsciously he's automatically accepted by fans. If not their first choice, he's still accepted, one because of his link to us (same with Mozza) but two because of his link to Man United (same with Carrick).

We won't achieve anything when we're all divided, everyone has to be on board the train. You can't please every single person but when there's a large percentage of acceptance others jump on the bandwagon whether it's right or not.

Ex. Bilic - still loved by Albion fans even though the first six months apart his results were dreadful.

A manager like Bruce for example is unexciting and will just annoy fans further. He'd be doomed before he even got started.

The powers that be at the Albion failed to take into account the importance of fans perceptions when they appointed Ismael. They can't afford to make the same mistake again.
You make good points.
But for me the most important post to fill, and before we get any managerial change, is DoF.
Get someone in who knows football.
There are plenty out there who can advise the useless Board. Then we can appoint any of the above.

Presumably Gorlay is going to effectively cover the Technical Director job too - will he make his first mistake by appointing Terry?
(02-01-2022, 01:53 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: E-wood come to Albion!

As I said before - no chance.

We’ve got Bruce. Nailed on.