Preferred choice….
We will prob end up with Tactics Tim!!
(02-01-2022, 05:54 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 03:35 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 02:48 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Absolutely no chance he leaves Blackburn for Albion.

Nailed on then S-S!   Big Grin

(02-01-2022, 02:55 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 02:19 PM)Peachy Wrote: Looking at the Mowbray situation logically. 

In our favour 

1) He apparently has a poor relationship with the Venkys. 
2) His contract is up at the end of this season.

Against Us

After a 5 year struggle for him Blackburn are 2nd in the league and have a good chance of going up. 

The Venkys would dig in for Compo. 

Anecdotal 

He apparently feels he has unfinished business with us. I guess coming back and taking us up would rest his conscience.

Given all the above I just don't see it happening. It would be a shock move. It'll be Burkinshawesque!

The biggest stumbling block at present is that we still have a manager in situ.

Yes but than could change quickly if Val departs and Mowbray resigns. 

Personally can't see him walking away....but then I never believed Harford would when we were 2nd!

Isn't out of contract in June?

£500k max surely to buy out his contract.

Yes and according to TM no mention as yet of a new contract.   As I say even though things seem strained there I don't think he'll walk away from 5 yrs work and on the cusp of the Prem.  

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp...rs-future/

If he agrees to come in July then we may get fireman Sam in to have a crack at promotion with a big bonus if he does.
Well they say never go back and I don’t know if we should, but there is a manager out there who has previously got promotion out of the Championship is out of work hates the villa loves the Baggies. Knows the players better than Ismael Dowling has gone who he fell out with, so a short term contract till end of season. Please come back Slaven. This will never happen but it’s a thought.
(02-01-2022, 07:34 PM)wba13 Wrote: Well they say never go back and I don’t know if we should, but there is a manager out there who has previously got promotion out of the Championship is out of work hates the villa loves the Baggies. Knows the players better than Ismael Dowling has gone who he fell out with, so a short term contract till end of season. Please come back Slaven. This will never happen but it’s a thought.

It wouldn't really surprise you would it!
(02-01-2022, 07:38 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:34 PM)wba13 Wrote: Well they say never go back and I don’t know if we should, but there is a manager out there who has previously got promotion out of the Championship is out of work hates the villa loves the Baggies. Knows the players better than Ismael Dowling has gone who he fell out with, so a short term contract till end of season. Please come back Slaven. This will never happen but it’s a thought.

It wouldn't really surprise you would it!

No it’s the Albion. We all love the song Big Grin
Enzo Maresca…. Time to come home
Mowbray would be my choice, if we could make it happen.

Wouldn't want Slaven back personally even though I did enjoy the first 6 months of his reign.
(02-01-2022, 08:01 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: Mowbray would be my choice, if we could make it happen.

Wouldn't want Slaven back personally  even though I did enjoy the first 6 months of his reign.

If Slaven could replicate his first few months here it’d be daft not to get him back.

Premier League here we come.  Smile

Bilic?

We barely limped over the finish line with him last time. He lets the players get away with too much. It's a no from me.
Bilic!!! One of the reasons we can’t afford to buy anything is because we’re paying 4 million per year for Karlan Grant, Bilic’s choice of centre forward to lead us to premier league survival who’s not even a centre forward!!