Team…
(01-29-2022, 02:39 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:36 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:18 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: I don't know why people are obsessed with berating the 3-4-3 formation. There's been nothing wrong with it per se, our only problem of note is with our play in the final third. Carroll is almost certain to improve that.

Absolutely. 

Antonio Conte eon the Premier league & FA Cup double playing a strict 3-4-3 formation. Guess some on here think he is crap too.

But he had the players to make it work

Which you & others are not willing Val to get the time to get his players.

You may be right that Val isn't the right man but it's too easy to blame the system
how can any one know what the formation will be until ko, even that can change during a game depending on how the other team has set up injuries etc etc.

I'm no expert but save the bullshit til after the game. Dianga for Philips would be my only change, CYOB!
(01-29-2022, 02:53 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:18 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: I don't know why people are obsessed with berating the 3-4-3 formation. There's been nothing wrong with it per se, our only problem of note is with our play in the final third. Carroll is almost certain to improve that.

Absolutely. 

Antonio Conte eon the Premier league & FA Cup double playing a strict 3-4-3 formation. Guess some on here think he is crap too.

You may be right that Val isn't the right man but it's too easy to blame the system

We have better players than what we are showing. They’re not as good as some think, but we have enough goals in us to not be struggling to hit the net with any regularity.

The system entirely constrains us by relying on out of form wide players with little attacking output, and brings us into a battle in midfield where we don’t have the legs/quality time compete with 2 men.

The system is absolutely a problem, as is the man who keeps picking it.
(01-29-2022, 03:10 PM)igorbalis Wrote: how can any one know what the formation will be until ko, even that can change during a game depending on how the other team has set up injuries etc etc.

I'm no expert but save the bullshit til after the game. Dianga for Philips would be my only change, CYOB!

Haha because it’s the same every single week?
(01-29-2022, 02:47 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: So it either sticks to Carroll or zero chances again?

You've missed the bit where we've had more goal attempts than anyone else in the division then?

(01-29-2022, 02:39 PM)Dumbo Wrote: If I was Grady Diangana, I’d be seething. Best player in the last 2 games and even after Vals outing of him last week…dropped again.

I agree that Diangana shouldn't have been dropped, but it's possible that he's carrying a slight niggle or else they don't feel he has sufficient stamina to play 3 games in a week.

That goal attempt number didn't move upwards much on Wednesday, from what I remember
Thank god our reservations about the same bastard formation again didn’t come to light eh?
Off he fucks.
(01-29-2022, 03:40 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:53 PM)B36baggie Wrote:

Absolutely. 

We have better players than what we are showing. They’re not as good as some think, but we have enough goals in us to not be struggling to hit the net with any regularity.

The system entirely constrains us by relying on out of form wide players with little attacking output, and brings us into a battle in midfield where we don’t have the legs/quality time compete with 2 men.

The system is absolutely a problem, as is the man who keeps picking it.

But we don't have the goals in us - we barely have enough goals in the team to average one per game. 
Carroll and Dike should improve things, but at the start of the season Grant was the only player that had a decent record (of one in 3 games)