Dike who he.....???
FIFA rankings don't always mean much given the varying standards of opponents found in regional competitions, but it's still worth noting the USA national team is currently ranked higher than European nations such as Germany, Switzerland, Croatia and Sweden.
Indeed the USA squad features players from Juve, Barcelona and Dortmund so they’re obviously a decent bunch.
(01-03-2022, 10:44 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: FIFA rankings don't always mean much given the varying standards of opponents found in regional competitions, but it's still worth noting the USA national team is currently ranked higher than European nations such as Germany, Switzerland, Croatia and Sweden.

I bet we still struggle with a fuggin' work permit.
Quick look at their website Ferenc…. They only have 2 English guys on the coaching payroll and neither of them played PL football… they spent some time in various academies over here, but didn’t have a professional career.

I also discovered that FC Wisconsin recently held a boozy fundraiser, maybe Ferenc has been at that?

No one knows how well Dike will adapt here but to claim he’s a college player and that no one has heard of him is ludicrous, he’s one of the breakthrough talents in the USMIT… if your nephew hasn’t heard of him, it’s a good job he’s coaching and not scouting…. Saying that Pearcey probably spent yesterday browsing his wiki entry…
Ferenc, looks like your nephew dropped a clanger?
Let's hope Dike comes good. He must be an improvement on Hugill?
He may need a number 10 to feed him, is Mozza still registered?
(01-03-2022, 01:38 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 01:15 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 05:17 PM)Squid Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 05:10 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 02:24 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: [Image: the-office-steve-carell.gif]

Cheers for making me loff out loud on another miserable Albion day!

Same. Although, I seem less depressed then most. Still a long way to go.

I remember us overturning an 11 point gap once.

But we were organised, united and had goalscorers.

Just trying to offer a ray of hope/sunshine in this desolate world of doom and gloom   Big Grin

(01-03-2022, 10:16 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of the USA being one of the Worlds leading Football Nations

Neither are Poland Ferenc but I wouldn't mind signing Lewandowski.
(01-03-2022, 10:16 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of the USA being one of the Worlds leading Football Nations

Probably among the most athletic and fastest though. Almost all of their players are supreme athletes, it's the technical side that's been letting them down, and that is improving massively as so many top coaches are going out there.

You've had a 'mare on this post Ferenc, almost anyone who follows any US Soccer at all is very, and fully aware who Daryll Dike is.
(01-03-2022, 01:43 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Probably among the most athletic and fastest though. Almost all of their players are supreme athletes, it's the technical side that's been letting them down, and that is improving massively as so many top coaches are going out there.

You've had a 'mare on this post Ferenc, almost anyone who follows any US Soccer at all is very, and fully aware who Daryll Dike is.

An old mate of mine had relatives in  The USA, he visited occasionally, told me in the 90`s that USA will soon be a major `Soccer` nation, due to loads of kids of European / South American heritage who now play at school.
Also, I read a couple of years back that USA Rugby had hired ex English / Scottish / Irish players to go out there finding talent, sometimes big lads who didn`t get picked for American Football teams. Will they start to progress there as well? They should have the natural talent.