Sawyers
(12-31-2021, 10:42 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Some twaddle on this thread. It’s such an easy stick to beat players with that they don’t care.
Some twats totally rounded on Sawyers and that one piece of crap in particular.
Getting on players backs is utterly counterproductive to the fans hopes that the team does better.
However, you can’t tell really thick fans who think they have the right to abuse them.

I think it's fair to say that the large majority of supporters see abuse as a bad thing. And quite often crowds single out players that have a more casual style, as they see it. However, there is no getting away from the fact that Sawyers, as talented as he is, would wuss out of challenges and headers practically every game. As a central midfielder you need to be part of a defence and letting someone walk past you tends to go against the grain somewhat.
Doesn't anyone remember that Chris brunt used to get tarred with this "don't care/lazy" brush. Simply because of his running style. CG
(12-31-2021, 12:22 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Doesn't anyone remember that Chris brunt used to get tarred with this "don't care/lazy" brush. Simply because of his running style. CG

Yo keep mekkin the Bruntheh comparison "because of his running style", JKE, but it ay the caerse.  Brunteh RAN and gid it a goo (albeit he wor the best tackler).   Brunteh wor a hologram when we day av the ball.  Be tode.
I think many (on here particularly ), love to bash our fans with any stick available no matter what. One imbecile on social media does not make an entire campaign. Likewise a few dozen remarks on message boards. I've seen the Brum Mail report Albion were booed off when it's less than a hundred out of 25,000.
Sawyers appears to be a very decent bloke. He almost certainly isn't the player that would lift this side to promotion. I wish him well and will always applaud him on his return.