Sawyers
Coming back in January? Have we got a recall option? Should we recall him now we’ve realised we need to have the ball more?
He apparantly isn't keen on playing for us again after what happened, and I can't see him suiting Val at all.
(12-30-2021, 08:15 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Coming back in January? Have we got a recall option? Should we recall him now we’ve realised we need to have the ball more?

No thanks. Really don't want a static midfielder with even less mobility than Livermore.
Not in the Stoke squad. Injured or have they found him out as well?
(12-30-2021, 08:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: He apparantly isn't keen on playing for us again after what happened, and I can't see him suiting Val at all.

This us disappointing if true, Birdy.

He is one of our own, and whilst a few (if not many) were disappointed with his performances last season, it was just one idiot who was quite rightly punished for his racist comments. Brunt nearly lost an eye when that coin was tossed at him, but he would still die for his club.

I don't think Sawyers is the answer though, either.
(12-30-2021, 08:24 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 08:16 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: He apparantly isn't keen on playing for us again after what happened, and I can't see him suiting Val at all.

This us disappointing if true, Birdy.

He is one of our own, and whilst a few (if not many) were disappointed with his performances last season, it was just one idiot who was quite rightly punished for his racist comments. Brunt nearly lost an eye when that coin was tossed at him, but he would still die for his club.

I don't think Sawyers is the answer though, either.

It wasn't just the comment from the idiot, I believe it was all the stick he got last season, generally.

However, he was an especially poor player in a poor team. While I don't agree with directly messaging abuse at players, anyone who name searches needs to have a thick skin.
I think you are right, Squid.

I also don't think he has the mental strength, which comes into it more and more.
We had idiots fixating on the fact that he chewed gum. Can’t blame him for wanting little to do with the twats who claim to support the club.
(12-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Duffers Wrote: We had idiots fixating on the fact that he chewed gum. Can’t blame him for wanting little to do with the twats who claim to support the club.

If chewing gum upsets him, then he has the problem, Duffs.

Ever since the game was created people have argued, criticised and praised players. It used to happen in pubs, but it is now on social media.

Everyone in public life, from politicians to pop stars has to accept criticism and a bit of banter. There is a line, but chewing gum isn't it.
(12-30-2021, 09:32 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Duffers Wrote: We had idiots fixating on the fact that he chewed gum. Can’t blame him for wanting little to do with the twats who claim to support the club.

If chewing gum upsets him, then he has the problem, Duffs.

Ever since the game was created people have argued, criticised and praised players. It used to happen in pubs, but it is now on social media.

Everyone in public life, from politicians to pop stars has to accept criticism and a bit of banter. There is a line, but chewing gum isn't it.

I’d argue that the abuse he received on here, in other corners of social media and in the ground was not proportional to his performances as a footballer. He was marked as a scapegoat and people went way over the top.
I liked Sawyers and always supported him. I wish he had the mental strength to come back and stick two fingers up to the critics. The fact he hasn’t means he probably ain’t up to the job.