Covid in the house and the hospitals
Well me and the mrs have decided to live like Hermits for the next week or so. No pub, no footy anyway, working from home. All to ensure no Covid hiccups that would prevent us from seeing family over Christmas. I aint doing that again.
(12-16-2021, 07:05 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 06:36 PM)Pipkins Wrote: What a complete fucking mess this is

How did a mass vac & booster program end with huge rise in cases ?

Either someone is fibbing or the vacs were pointless in the first place

Cant be both

South African experts are saying its not as bad just spreads easier 

What is the truth?

FFS where to start?

It’s the lizard people’s fault Pipkins purely and simply. Until we start voting for our own instead of blood drinking shapeshifting reptilians it’ll only get worse.
(12-16-2021, 07:35 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:05 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Cant be both

What is the truth?

FFS where to start?

It’s the lizard people’s fault Pipkins purely and simply. Until we start voting for our own instead of blood drinking shapeshifting reptilians it’ll only get worse.

I don't remember voting for any Dingles?
(12-16-2021, 07:14 PM)HugeHons Wrote:

Cant be both

What is the truth?

The vaccine does work, it’s why deaths aren’t in the thousands every day like they were in January. We will probably need top-ups for a few years yet.Cases are high because of a new strain and it’s winter meaning more mixing indoors. The virus will be here forever.

There was a piece on BBC last night, from one of the London hospitals. Out of 11 in ICU there, 9 were unvaccinated.
(12-16-2021, 07:31 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Well me and the mrs have decided to live like Hermits for the next week or so. No pub, no footy anyway, working from home. All to ensure no Covid hiccups that would prevent us from seeing family over Christmas. I aint doing that again.

Yeah, we've just said the same - more important to have a fully attended xmas day and boxing day for both halves of the family.
(12-17-2021, 12:16 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:31 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Well me and the mrs have decided to live like Hermits for the next week or so. No pub, no footy anyway, working from home. All to ensure no Covid hiccups that would prevent us from seeing family over Christmas. I aint doing that again.

Yeah, we've just said the same - more important to have a fully attended xmas day and boxing day for both halves of the family.

+0.5. 

We were due a "lads" day out in Brum tomorrow, and I was due out in Manchester tonight. 

Instead I travelled down to Walsall last night, LFT'ed, as have all the lads, and we are now having a football day at one of the chaps houses. 

Its not perfect, but its so much more controllable.
(12-17-2021, 12:26 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:

+0.5. 

We were due a "lads" day out in Brum tomorrow, and I was due out in Manchester tonight. 

Instead I travelled down to Walsall last night, LFT'ed, as have all the lads, and we are now having a football day at one of the chaps houses. 

Fucking hell. Poor Walsall  Big Grin
(12-17-2021, 12:45 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

+0.5. 

Fucking hell. Poor Walsall  Big Grin

Arf... Don't worry I will not be venturing into Town. I made that mistake in Nov when i needed a birthday present for my sister. Now, I know Walsall has always had its challenges, but I have happy memories of a bustling market town, loads of cafes (albeit sweaty). Now its a desolate hell hole! What the fuck happened?  Confused

Will have mooch down the Fingerpost in Pelsall, as its only 10 mins stroll from my sisters down the cut.

+0.5. 

I’ve got a ticket to see The Libertines tonight in London but have decided it’s not worth the risk. Praying for a last minute cancellation as you can’t give tickets away at the moment.
(12-16-2021, 09:55 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Alas the beastly virus has arrived in the Spandau house..............

All of the very best Spandex old fruit and best wishes to your family. We all had Covid at the same time in our household which probably made things easier for us as we could spread our germs with cheery abandon. 

No long lasting effects to report other than my tolerance for alcohol has dropped through the floor. Given the amount of money I spent building that tolerance up in the first place is enough to make me cry though.

Apart from that my lad still finks his IQ has something to do with poorly made Swedish flat pack furniture and the wife's never happier than when she's moaning about me, so no change there then. Miserable battle axe.

And yes, I'm still a cheeky little fecker. You can take the boy out of Bearwood etc. Anyway, take care of you and yours chap  Cool .