Covid in the house and the hospitals
Alas the beastly virus has arrived in the Spandau house.

Spandau Junior started coughing on Sunday as we were putting the decs up and made him do a test. He was positive. In the next couple of days both my wife and daughter have tested positive, but somehow I've avoided it.

Junior has a cough, Mrs a bit fluey and daughter totally fine. All very mild.

Now though the house is some freaky OCD place with me using my own towel, sleeping in a different bed and hand gel/masks etc are the norm, and Flash wipes are there all the time too.

I put my avoidance of it down to pure luck. Once it became clear my lad had it we were clinical in acting clinical. 

I had the booster this week, my wife is double jabbed, daughter single jabbed and son not at all. Ironically, all 3 were due jabs this week, but can't have them now.

Meanwhile my cousin whose best mate is a doc at a leading hospital spoke to his mate this week. This doc, who is in a hospital in London, reckons 80-90 per cent of those in ICU in his hospital are non jabbed, and a lot of them under 50 and relatively healthy beforehand. He does add though that at least half in the hospital have had 1 or 2 jabs, but most of them are less serious.

I hope that stat demonstrates the sense in getting jabbed, but alas I know those who haven't done so so far probably won't listen as they are so sure the vast majority of us are just being brainwashed by the lizard people.
It was reported last week that in Gloucester Royal all their Covid patients were non vaccinated

Hope you family get through it all ok in time for Christmas
(12-16-2021, 09:55 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Alas the beastly virus has arrived in the Spandau house.

Spandau Junior started coughing on Sunday as we were putting the decs up and made him do a test. He was positive. In the next couple of days both my wife and daughter have tested positive, but somehow I've avoided it.

Now though the house is some freaky OCD place with me using my own towel, sleeping in a different bed and hand gel/masks etc are the norm, and Flash wipes are there all the time too.

I put my avoidance of it down to pure luck. Once it became clear my lad had it we were clinical in acting clinical. 

I had the booster this week, my wife is double jabbed, daughter single jabbed and son not at all. Ironically, all 3 were due jabs this week, but can't have them now.

Meanwhile my cousin whose best mate is a doc at a leading hospital spoke to his mate this week. This doc, who is in a hospital in London, reckons 80-90 per cent of those in ICU in his hospital are non jabbed, and a lot of them under 50 and relatively healthy beforehand. He does add though that at least half in the hospital have had 1 or 2 jabs, but most of them are less serious.

I hope that stat demonstrates the sense in getting jabbed, but alas I know those who haven't done so so far probably won't listen as they are so sure the vast majority of us are just being brainwashed by the lizard people.

I hope everyone is well soon, Spandau.

Your experience pretty much echoes all the other anecdotal evidence at present, yet the scientists are still scaring the shit out of us.

Get jabbed, stay safe.
What a pisser Spandau - at least you'll all be stuck in together over Christmas (whether that is a good or bad thing?).

Interesting anecdotes from the hospitals, would expect given the number of vaccines given that we will see more and more vaccinated people in hospital with less severe symptoms.
(12-16-2021, 10:07 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 09:55 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Alas the beastly virus has arrived in the Spandau house.

Your experience pretty much echoes all the other anecdotal evidence at present, yet the scientists are still scaring the shit out of us.

Get jabbed, stay safe.

FFs the scientists aren't scaring anyone they are simply doing their job. Unless you know better than them?

I hope your family get well soon Spandau

Tell me about it mate - my youngest now has it and is staying in his room - not much change there!

We are religiously testing every day and so far have remained negative.

It is closing in and hopefully people will start to realise.

Blokes at work (mainly Eastern Europeans) point blank refuse to be vaccinated and one chap (English) just says "see what mutates" - whatever that's meant to mean??
(12-16-2021, 10:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Get jabbed, stay safe.

FFs the scientists aren't scaring anyone they are simply doing their job. Unless you know better than them?

This.

Is there a strange over reaction from the media and government? Maybe, always hard to analyse, but scientists haven't published anything that isn't backed up by data.

Hope everyone is okay.

My girlfriend (doubled jabbed) and eldest daughter (11) both had it in October. 

How my youngest daughter or myself missed, I have no idea.

I'd even finished off their food and used their cutlery while they were positive (before we knew they were positive). I ended up sleeping on the sofa for a week in a sleeping bag. Best sleep I've had in ages!
(12-16-2021, 10:26 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Get jabbed, stay safe.

This.

Is there a strange over reaction from the media and government? Maybe, always hard to analyse, but scientists haven't published anything that isn't backed up by data.

The trouble is simply fear sells and whilst what the scientists say is true based on their work, the way of portraying facts in the less than quality media means very few actually analyse what the risks are.

As my cousin said the other day we live in an era where many apparently educated/intelligent people seem to want to delegate elements of risk to government to cover their arse if anything goes wrong.

We seem a blame culture, and it's a sweeping generalisation, but many of those particularly under 40 are looking to pass the buck entirely.

I analyse the risk for me based on my situation. What's good for me for instance may not be good for my mate due to pop round over Christmas who is same age as me, but diabetic and overweight.

Somehow though critical thinking has gone.

Also, I despair at those who go on about liberty and the virus. A virus has no respect or even awareness of a man made law, which is to nature a work of fiction.

I do like to use the analogy of if we had this mindset in the Second World War would people have been demanding to get out of bunkers and walk the streets of Coventry in November 1940 as it's curtailing their rights to be cooped up? No bloody chance. The virus can seriously harm like a bomb, but you have to weigh it up, just in the same way a person walking a country lane in Herefordshire in 1940 would know there is little chance of a bomb landing there.

We have become a very soft and stupid bunch in the west, totally lacking in common sense. There's enough information out there to make vital decisions that affect our lives.
(12-16-2021, 10:26 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Get jabbed, stay safe.

This.

Politicians and political advisors are making the decisions, not the scientists. When was the last time the government given a shit about listening to scientists when it isn't politically convenient for them? Thatcher with CFCs?