Boris Johnson
You're welcome on the first point.

Starmer campaigned twice for Corbyn to become PM. If that isn't dishonourable I'm not sure what is. Couldn't vote for the guy after his behaviour on Brexit either, which as you know helped to create the monster that inhabits Downing Street.

Logic dictates that I spoil my paper or sit on my hands. Though I live in hope that the Tory Party may regain its sanity and boot Boris before the year is out.
(07-01-2022, 10:12 AM)Protheroe Wrote: You're welcome on the first point.

Starmer campaigned twice for Corbyn to become PM. If that isn't dishonourable I'm not sure what is. Couldn't vote for the guy after his behaviour on Brexit either, which as you know helped to create the monster that inhabits Downing Street.

Logic dictates that I spoil my paper or sit on my hands. Though I live in hope that the Tory Party may regain its sanity and boot Boris before the year is out.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin That is probably one of the best you have come out with - Starmer is dishonourable for accepting the council vote and working with the party to get the best policies for the country as they see them, and that is the equivalent of Johnson  Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin

The Tory party have gradually dragged the country down 1st through taking away the infrastructure and now the morals and you still think this is the path to follow. Bonkers. And the way you blame everyone else for Brexit and Johnson is comical  Big Grin
Naughty child running away from the broken window, pointing at others as they go.
(07-01-2022, 08:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 07:55 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 07:53 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 07:17 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 07:07 AM)Protheroe Wrote: What’s more embarrassing is forgetting who he was up against. Rather an incompetent big state liar than an anti Semitic incompetent big state totalitarian apologist liar. Can you even imagine the mental gymnastics Corbyn would be going through now over Ukraine?

You don't have that problem going forward though do you, I wonder what mental gymnastics you will be going through to put your x in the blue box at the next opportunity.

In all likelihood I shall be staying firmly at home.

Whereas previously you would have dragged yourself out for the good of the country and voted for the 'least worst'. Surprising that in those circumstances the 'least worst' was always a Tory.

And now we're at the stage that you couldn't get a Rizla between the policy stances of parties led by a buffoon and the world's most uninspiring man. After a couple of decades of effort we've reached the 7th circle of Hell. Parliamentarians are the weakest they've ever been. They wouldn't recognise a principle even if it crept up behind them in a private members club and pinched them on the arse.

Voting to prevent something you don't want is a perfectly reasonable political stance. As it is now, I don't want any of them. So I'll probably stay at home and let you lot make the decision.

Having seen the Tony Blair interview last night on the national strikes, you could be forgiven for thinking that the Red party is now Blue.

If you are the Labour party, at least have the courage of your own convictions to support traditional Labour polices.
(07-01-2022, 10:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 10:12 AM)Protheroe Wrote: You're welcome on the first point.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin That is probably one of the best you have come out with - Starmer is dishonourable for accepting the council vote and working with the party to get the best policies for the country as they see them, and that is the equivalent of Johnson  Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin

The Tory party have gradually dragged the country down 1st through taking away the infrastructure and now the morals and you still think this is the path to follow. Bonkers. And the way you blame everyone else for Brexit and Johnson is comical  Big Grin

Bollocks. I have far more respect for those that refused to serve under Corbyn, and even those who left the party. An unprincipled lawyer for hire is the last thing the country needs now. Who on Earth knows what he stands for? Is it Corbynism? Lite-Blairism? He can't even tell you what a woman is without getting flustered or give an honest opinion on strike action.

If I was still a Tory member working with Boris's team to "get the best policies for the country as they see them" whilst personally disagreeing with the lot of them you'd rightly call me out.

You have a big blind spot dude. Dontcha?
Big Grin Big Grin  'Unprincipled lawyer' quote from the party that has a production line of them. 

We needed a Labour party closer to the centre of politics and that is what I joined and voted for, you threw your toys out and left the Tory party when they didn't go far enough right for you. You didn't leave because the whole cabinet and, as it turns out, a fair proportion of the backbenchers are perverts, liars and chancers, you left because they wouldn't force teachers to stand in front of 'vectors of transmission' during the deadliest pandemic in a century.

You have a big blind spot also 'dude' (place 'embarrassed emoji for you' here btw) and it appears to be when you look in the mirror i'm guessing. Dontcha? (again, as above)
(07-01-2022, 01:19 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin  'Unprincipled lawyer' quote from the party that has a production line of them. 

We needed a Labour party closer to the centre of politics and that is what I joined and voted for, you threw your toys out and left the Tory party when they didn't go far enough right for you. You didn't leave because the whole cabinet and, as it turns out, a fair proportion of the backbenchers are perverts, liars and chancers, you left because they wouldn't force teachers to stand in front of 'vectors of transmission' during the deadliest pandemic in a century.

You have a big blind spot also 'dude' (place 'embarrassed emoji for you' here btw) and it appears to be when you look in the mirror i'm guessing. Dontcha? (again, as above)

"Far enough right"?  Big Grin Jesus.

I left precisely because they shifted their tanks onto your lawn. There's nothing remotely centre-right about 2 million more people paying higher tax, rising Corporation Tax, rising employers NI, trade protectionism, attacks on the private rental market, draconian Covid legislation etc ad nauseum.

If Starmer was doing all this you'd be lapping it up. Face it, you won.

"Far enough right" Oh my fucking days  Big Grin Big Grin
(07-01-2022, 01:31 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 01:19 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin  'Unprincipled lawyer' quote from the party that has a production line of them. 

I left precisely because they shifted their tanks onto your lawn. There's nothing remotely centre-right about 2 million more people paying higher tax, rising Corporation Tax, rising employers NI, trade protectionism, attacks on the private rental market, draconian Covid legislation etc ad nauseum.

You do realise your politics are very right of centre when you say all this dontcha?
(07-01-2022, 01:31 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

You forgot to mention all of the hidden policy changes, removing human rights etc that don't get mentioned in all of the distraction politics going on. The reason nobody wins is that we have a cabinet full of jokes that you were happy to get in power until you saw what they did with the power you gave them - you've been had big time, at least the rest of us saw it coming.
(07-01-2022, 01:40 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You do realise your politics are very right of centre when you say all this dontcha?

Stone dry economically and wringing wet socially doesn't really pigeonhole me, does it?

(07-01-2022, 01:58 PM)baggy1 Wrote: You forgot to mention all of the hidden policy changes, removing human rights etc that don't get mentioned in all of the distraction politics going on. The reason nobody wins is that we have a cabinet full of jokes that you were happy to get in power until you saw what they did with the power you gave them - you've been had big time, at least the rest of us saw it coming.

I consider those to actually be the distraction tactics from what's going on tbh.

After Brown oversaw the greatest transfer of wealth from the poorest to the richest and the youngest to the oldest in our history, Johnson is off down the exactly the same path compounding the problems. 

That, ultimately is all that really matters. 

All this distracting guff about immigration and Rwanda, rights to protest etc will never stand up in caught. It's just a smokescreen to draw attention away from the fact that the government, and inflation are picking our pockets everyday.  

And I don't regret my vote to keep people far more sinister from the levers of power. I never will. Self awareness has never been lacking here, Dear.