Boris Johnson
(06-30-2022, 06:09 PM)baggy1 Wrote: That's the way I felt - you can see Biden just being reminded of Little Trump every time he opened his mouth. Putin's response was to diplomatically (who'd have thought Johnson could come out worse off from a verbal exchange with that maniac) calling him a fat sweat.
It is embarrassing to think some on here couldn't see through him and actually voted for him
What’s more embarrassing is forgetting who he was up against. Rather an incompetent big state liar than an anti Semitic incompetent big state totalitarian apologist liar. Can you even imagine the mental gymnastics Corbyn would be going through now over Ukraine?
(07-01-2022, 07:07 AM)Protheroe Wrote: What’s more embarrassing is forgetting who he was up against. Rather an incompetent big state liar than an anti Semitic incompetent big state totalitarian apologist liar. Can you even imagine the mental gymnastics Corbyn would be going through now over Ukraine?

You don't have that problem going forward though do you, I wonder what mental gymnastics you will be going through to put your x in the blue box at the next opportunity.
(07-01-2022, 07:17 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 07:07 AM)Protheroe Wrote: What’s more embarrassing is forgetting who he was up against. Rather an incompetent big state liar than an anti Semitic incompetent big state totalitarian apologist liar. Can you even imagine the mental gymnastics Corbyn would be going through now over Ukraine?

You don't have that problem going forward though do you, I wonder what mental gymnastics you will be going through to put your x in the blue box at the next opportunity.

In all likelihood I shall be staying firmly at home.
(07-01-2022, 07:53 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

Whereas previously you would have dragged yourself out for the good of the country and voted for the 'least worst'. Surprising that in those circumstances the 'least worst' was always a Tory.
(07-01-2022, 07:55 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

Whereas previously you would have dragged yourself out for the good of the country and voted for the 'least worst'. Surprising that in those circumstances the 'least worst' was always a Tory.

And now we're at the stage that you couldn't get a Rizla between the policy stances of parties led by a buffoon and the world's most uninspiring man. After a couple of decades of effort we've reached the 7th circle of Hell. Parliamentarians are the weakest they've ever been. They wouldn't recognise a principle even if it crept up behind them in a private members club and pinched them on the arse.

Voting to prevent something you don't want is a perfectly reasonable political stance. As it is now, I don't want any of them. So I'll probably stay at home and let you lot make the decision.
(07-01-2022, 08:47 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 07:55 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

And now we're at the stage that you couldn't get a Rizla between the policy stances of parties led by a buffoon and the world's most uninspiring man. After a couple of decades of effort we've reached the 7th circle of Hell. Parliamentarians are the weakest they've ever been. They wouldn't recognise a principle even if it crept up behind them in a private members club and pinched them on the arse.

Voting to prevent something you don't want is a perfectly reasonable political stance. As it is now, I don't want any of them. So I'll probably stay at home and let you lot make the decision.

It takes a big man to accept he was conned into believing he had to get out and vote for possibly the most self serving corrupt politician we have seen in my lifetime, so fair play to you. You voted for something that turns out you didn't want in the 1st place - that sounds very much like being conned. And your defence now is that the other man is boring, honestly Proth I'd give up on the accusations of others doing mental gymnastics, in the current circumstances it is a tad hypocritical.
I don't understand why boring is a negative character trait for a politician, they're supposed to help run the country not entertain us.
(07-01-2022, 08:52 AM)baggy1 Wrote: It takes a big man to accept he was conned into believing he had to get out and vote for possibly the most self serving corrupt politician we have seen in my lifetime, so fair play to you. You voted for something that turns out you didn't want in the 1st place - that sounds very much like being conned. And your defence now is that the other man is boring, honestly Proth I'd give up on the accusations of others doing mental gymnastics, in the current circumstances it is a tad hypocritical.

Firstly. You ignore (always ignore) the toxic shitfest that was the Labour party between 2015-19. ALL reasonable people had a duty to ensure that cunt never attained power.

Secondly, it's not that he is boring - it's his policy platform is essentially the same as this government - with the addition of cloying sanctimony.

No hypocrisy here. Just raging cynicism about the lot of them.
(07-01-2022, 08:54 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I don't understand why boring is a negative character trait for a politician, they're supposed to help run the country not entertain us.

You would think that after this shower of shit the country would want to take politics off the front page for a bit, not edge towards a BGT style voting system.

(07-01-2022, 08:59 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 08:52 AM)baggy1 Wrote: It takes a big man to accept he was conned into believing he had to get out and vote for possibly the most self serving corrupt politician we have seen in my lifetime, so fair play to you. You voted for something that turns out you didn't want in the 1st place - that sounds very much like being conned. And your defence now is that the other man is boring, honestly Proth I'd give up on the accusations of others doing mental gymnastics, in the current circumstances it is a tad hypocritical.

Firstly. You ignore (always ignore) the toxic shitfest that was the Labour party between 2015-19. ALL reasonable people had a duty to ensure that cunt never attained power.

Secondly, it's not that he is boring - it's his policy platform is essentially the same as this government - with the addition of cloying sanctimony.

No hypocrisy here. Just raging cynicism about the lot of them.

I love the way you paint it as you being the great saviour of us all. I joined the Labour party to get rid of Corbyn and vote in a centrist leader, so your point about me ignoring it is a touch shallow here. 

And if it isn't about him being boring why state "the worlds most uninspiring man". And seeing as there is no difference, apart from the obvious standards of the individuals, logic dictates that you go for the most honourable surely.