Boris Johnson
(03-21-2022, 08:55 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 05:11 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Though in BoJo's defence, nothing he says is any worse than the anodyne platitudes from the cardboard cutout leader of HM Opposition who doesn't even appear to know what a woman is.

Starmer probably doesn't want to engage a pointless question that doesn't address any issues and serves only to play into the hands of the Conservatives by distracting from their cretinous conduct by playing their culture war bollocks.

Sunak is about to increase a reductive tax on labour during a huge cost of living crisis and you're on about that, bloody hell.

And Proth has gone full gammon on this one anyway. Starmer actually said what the legal definition of a woman is according to the equalities act, he also said that there needs to be a grown up debate on the subject and that women (born as women) need to have 'safe spaces' such as toilets and changing rooms. But lets not get too worried about the press doing what the press do and fire up the electorate who can't research the full context of the quote.
(03-20-2022, 05:11 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Though in BoJo's defence, nothing he says is any worse than the anodyne platitudes from the cardboard cutout leader of HM Opposition who doesn't even appear to know what a woman is.

Starmer probably doesn't want to engage a pointless question that doesn't address any issues and serves only to play into the hands of the Conservatives by distracting from their cretinous conduct by playing their culture war bollocks.

Sunak is about to increase a reductive tax on labour during a huge cost of living crisis and you're on about that, bloody hell.

As the father of two county swimmers it's quite important to me, you know the week after a fella won the NCAA 500 yards freestyle leaving a female Olympian trailing in his wake. So please spare me the "culture war bollocks" - these things are real and meaningful for female athletes and Starmer is in peril if he believes it's a "pointless" question. How would you feel if your daughter got up at 5:00 AM for an hours swimming before school for years, gave up a social life only to be beaten into second place by a guy?

I've also commented plenty about Sunak's various tax grabs so don't be pathetic.
(03-21-2022, 09:40 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

As the father of two county swimmers it's quite important to me, you know the week after a fella won the NCAA 500 yards freestyle leaving a female Olympian trailing in his wake. So please spare me the "culture war bollocks" - these things are real and meaningful for female athletes and Starmer is in peril if he believes it's a "pointless" question. How would you feel if your daughter got up at 5:00 AM for an hours swimming before school for years, gave up a social life only to be beaten into second place by a guy?

I've also commented plenty about Sunak's various tax grabs so don't be pathetic.

He also said that women born as women need 'safe spaces' such as changing rooms and toilets, he simply answered the question with the legal definition according to the equalities act, if your party don't agree with that then why haven't they put an amendment through? He also said there needs to be a grown up debate. 

So you can tell your county swimmers that they are safe in a Labour governed UK because they will be having safe changing rooms for (born) female swimmers.
It is a pointless question and your anecdote is also pointless, do you think Starmer answering with his definition as to what a woman is addresses the issue? No, it doesn't. The issue lies with the swimming authorities and their need to balance fairness in sport with access to sport, not Starmer answering a pointless question.

You're engagement into this culture war bollocks is exactly the issue, you're distracting from the real problems by playing the game the Conservatives and distract from the stupid crap this government is doing and saying.
Proth denies he is aligned with the Tory party any more but strangely every time they send up a distraction flare he reacts like pavlov's chihuahua.
Who's distracted from the 'real problems' by me? Put your hands up. Jesus.

The 'real problem' is that our political class is broadly incompetent, and are prisoners of marginal sectional interests in their own parties. It hasn't always been this way.
(03-21-2022, 10:15 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Who's distracted from the 'real problems' by me? Put your hands up. Jesus.

The 'real problem' is that our political class is broadly incompetent, and are prisoners of marginal sectional interests in their own parties. It hasn't always been this way.

So does that mean that you have read the actual quote and now realise that Starmer does understand what the definition of a woman is, he has gone as far as quoting the equalities and and then clarifying his position.
(03-21-2022, 10:14 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Proth denies he is aligned with the Tory party any more but strangely every time they send up a distraction flare he reacts like pavlov's chihuahua.

I'm often also the first to criticise a new Tory tax, or another useless self defeating interference in our liberties. Does the 1 stand for one-eyed?

Miaow went the cat as it hit the table.

Or that's what it would have done if it was still alive.
(03-21-2022, 10:16 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 10:15 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Who's distracted from the 'real problems' by me? Put your hands up. Jesus.

So does that mean that you have read the actual quote and now realise that Starmer does understand what the definition of a woman is, he has gone as far as quoting the equalities and and then clarifying his position.

Is there single person on this board, indeed in the country who isn't a politician who'd have to 'clarify' their position on what a woman is?  Big Grin