Ferguson
(11-04-2021, 08:46 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Does anyone know whether the tribunal's reasons are publicly available? I'd love to know the rationale. I feel sick on learning this.

No idea Chasetown, does a club have a right of appeal if the fee is, in their opinion, set ridiculously low ? What lamebrains sit on the tribunal and decide the fee ?
(11-04-2021, 10:49 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 08:46 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Does anyone know whether the tribunal's reasons are publicly available? I'd love to know the rationale. I feel sick on learning this.

No idea Chasetown, does a club have a right of appeal if the fee is, in their opinion, set ridiculously low ? What lamebrains sit on the tribunal and decide the fee ?
No right of appeal according to the Athletic.
Btw I've only seen this on the Athletic.
Anyone seen it anywhere official?
(11-04-2021, 11:04 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

They'll keep schtum on it and announce it on 'a good day to bury bad news'.

If there is no right of appeal then the club must demand an enquiry.  The system stinks.
(11-04-2021, 12:22 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

If there is no right of appeal then the club must demand an enquiry.  The system stinks.

We need to be making a much, much bigger deal of this. The club has essentially been punished for taking something to tribunal, which is meant to be a mediation process. No non-PL clubs will want to take a PL club to tribunal now and that is utterly wrong.
It stinks.

Don't underestimate the negative impact it'll have on our season. We needed that cash.

Who was on the panel?
(11-04-2021, 10:14 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 10:14 AM)Squid Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 08:47 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 12:17 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: We had Matheus Pereira, a top half PL quality player regularly scoring and assisting in the top flight for a poor side, with 3 years on his contract and at a very good age.

We had Ferguson, a player who looked accomplished at 18 in the Championship, improving with every game, an apparent fan of the club, and who had been in our youth academy for over a decade, highly rated by Hodgson and co…

We had Louie Barry, one of the top talents in the U.K. throughout his age groups.

….we have conspired to lose all 3 and gained about as much as we committed to pay Huddersfield for Karlan Grant.

Yep.

All can be traced back to Dowling too.

Too easy to point the finger at him. Yes, in hindsight he probably should have taken Palace's reduced offer, but the derisory amount we have received appears to be a way of penalising smaller clubs for going to tribunal. This is very bad for the game as a whole as big clubs can now pay what they like and know that a tribunal will rule in their favour.

As for Barry, I hope our ex-Academy staff can sleep well at night.

Oh they do, in their Villa bed sheets.

They will be writing on them tomorrow night when Southampton give them a spanking.
(11-04-2021, 12:32 PM)Squid Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 12:22 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

We need to be making a much, much bigger deal of this. The club has essentially been punished for taking something to tribunal, which is meant to be a mediation process. No non-PL clubs will want to take a PL club to tribunal now and that is utterly wrong.
Think you may have hit the nail on the head mate. Championship / Lower League clubs will get bullied, `take our £750,000 now, a tribunal will give you even less`. Disgusting. Also, if we do make a fuss over this, whats the betting, if we ever have to go to a tribunal again, some of the vested interests who do these things, will say `oh, West brom, they made a fuss last time, give them even less`.
Palace fans are all having a good laugh about the price on social media but I did see at least one group talking some sense..... 

Credit: @FYPFanzine

“Let’s all just take a minute to remember how angry everyone at #cpfc was when John Bostock left for £700k under a tribunal to Spurs. Whilst this benefits Palace, it’s clear to everyone that £900,000 is not a fair fee for Nathan Ferguson. The tribunal system is a joke”
I would argue the opposite. He is still out until after Christmas, and won't have kicked a ball in 2 years. He has only played around 20 1st team games.

Unless he steps up very quickly, he could find himself following the Izzy Brown path. He only penned a 3 year deal. Palace might think they have escaped relatively unscathed.