Ferguson
We got more for Christian Gamboa than Ferguson.

Incredible
(11-15-2021, 11:13 AM)Protheroe Wrote: We got more for Christian Gamboa than Ferguson.

Incredible

Chilean midgets are a rare species lets not forget....  Big Grin
Protheroe Wrote:We got more for Christian Gamboa than Ferguson.

Incredible

I still don't think we've seen the best of that lad yet.
(11-15-2021, 11:07 AM)Peachy Wrote: I've seen a few stories over the last week stating that the £900k is just an initial payment to us and we will get more when he plays a certain amount of games etc and hits a few targets. The tribunal took into account they signed an injured player and thats why the initial move collapsed. Palace argued that their original offer was based on a fit player.

This has surely set a precedent as I cant ever remember a tribunal taking an injury into account before?

I think we will end up with a few more quid from it but it ain't gonna be in a hurry!

Don't see how he can have been 'injured' as he passed a medical.  If Palace took the risk with a questionable medical then that's their problem. 

Absolutely-kin-disgraceful.
(11-15-2021, 09:31 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:07 AM)Peachy Wrote: I've seen a few stories over the last week stating that the £900k is just an initial payment to us and we will get more when he plays a certain amount of games etc and hits a few targets. The tribunal took into account they signed an injured player and thats why the initial move collapsed. Palace argued that their original offer was based on a fit player.

This has surely set a precedent as I cant ever remember a tribunal taking an injury into account before?

I think we will end up with a few more quid from it but it ain't gonna be in a hurry!

Don't see how he can have been 'injured' as he passed a medical. 
If Palace took the risk with a questionable medical then that's their problem. 

Im not sure he did. He failed the first one hence the breakdown in negotiations. That then led to the summer where they signed him as an out of contract player. He has since not kicked a ball after having a number of other injuries and I'd imagine they were shitting themselves that they would have to pay mega bucks for a player who might not ever play for them.

I'm guessing they paid for some very good lawyers to make a case for a hugely reduced fee and top it up on performance related clauses. 

Whatever anyone says this has now clearly set a precedent and absolutely stinks. How we have no right to appeal is also baffling....
(11-16-2021, 11:22 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 09:31 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Don't see how he can have been 'injured' as he passed a medical. 
If Palace took the risk with a questionable medical then that's their problem. 

Im not sure he did. He failed the first one hence the breakdown in negotiations. That then led to the summer where they signed him as an out of contract player. He has since not kicked a ball after having a number of other injuries and I'd imagine they were shitting themselves that they would have to pay mega bucks for a player who might not ever play for them.

I'm guessing they paid for some very good lawyers to make a case for a hugely reduced fee and top it up on performance related clauses. 

Whatever anyone says this has now clearly set a precedent and absolutely stinks. How we have no right to appeal is also baffling....

As morally reprehensible as the system appears, Palace have done nothing wrong, and have been the other side of this kind of outcome - notably when Bostock left for less than a million to Spurs. 

If you can't beat them, join them. We need to be doing our utmost to poach players from other clubs instead of moaning about how unfair the system is when we lose ours.
(11-15-2021, 11:13 AM)Protheroe Wrote: We got more for Christian Gamboa than Ferguson.

Incredible

For all the criticism Alan Irvine got for his team selections, he recognised that the vast majority of the players we signed that summer were crap

I remember people moaning because he played Morrison over Blanco……
(11-16-2021, 01:08 PM)Sliced Wrote:

Incredible

For all the criticism Alan Irvine got for his team selections, he recognised that the vast majority of the players we signed that summer were crap

The global search didn’t half go into overdrive that summer.

Would love to know what went on behind the scenes during that window as we signed so many players from so many bizarre leagues we’d not touched previously.
(11-16-2021, 02:04 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Incredible

The global search didn’t half go into overdrive that summer.

Would love to know what went on behind the scenes during that window as we signed so many players from so many bizarre leagues we’d not touched previously.

Imagine a circus. And everyone is drunk. And attempting to be the silliest clown in the circus.

You're nearly there. Nearly.

Incredible

That Gamboa cameo away at Stoke was just about one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I thought he was George Weah's cousin.