Panic petrol pricks
(09-26-2021, 06:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:35 PM)Pipkins Wrote: Blame the mainstream media for this mass hysteria 

Wednesday they said a few stations ran out & were waiting for delivery

Then started saying more stations had to close 

Within 2/3 days a nothing story they ran has created a fuel crisis 

Yes people are selfish & stupid but a non story by the media has created this

No shortage of fuel or drivers 

Some were off due to holiday & sickness nothing unusual

Nothing to do with HGV Brexit or anything else

Tanker drivers are different to normal HGV drivers

Or alternatively listen to those in the industry…

Speaking to ITV News, BP’s head of UK retail, Hanna Hofer said that the situation was “bad, very bad” and that the company had “two thirds of normal forecourt stock levels required for smooth operations,” a quantity that she said was “declining rapidly.”

Gordon Balmer, executive director at the Petrol Retailers Association – which represents station operators throughout the UK – recommended on ITV’s Good Morning Britain that motorists keep enough fuel in reserve to reach an alternative filling station in case fuel is not available in the first one they visit. He went on to call for ex-military staff to fill vacancies in order to alleviate pressure on the industry.

It’s easy to blame the the media for the clusterfuck but if there was no issue with a lack of HGV drivers this would not be happening, and if there was no problems caused by Brexit their would be no reason for the government to desperately issue visa’s for drivers from the EU who had. up until recently been made to feel as welcome as a fart in an astronauts suit by the U.K

Still spreading your specious crap then 
Petrol tanker drivers need an ADR qualification as well as a HGV licence. They need this for them to drive petrol tanker lorries.
There is a shortage of HGV drivers. That's a true fact. 
There is a shortage of HGV drivers in Europe and world wide also a fact
The UK had ADR drivers last week, the week before and the week before that. Nothing has changed in that respect The ADR drivers that were driving last week and since Brexit (when there was no fuel panic) are still around but it seems the BP ones are no longer prepared to put up with the shit conditions.

Regardless, the fuel panic we are now experiencing is caused by media hype, not a shortage of fuel, not a shortage of HGV drivers with ADR qualifications. I know of 3 garages that ran out of fuel on Friday, had more deliveries on Saturday watched by queues of motorists, yet they still fucking queued to get fuel even seeing a delivery. It’s more caused by shortage of brains in much of the population who believe the shite in the media to sell their crap.

And as for temporary visas why should drivers suddenly come back here for 3 months when there is a shortage in Europe as well, they will go where the best conditions and wages are, and presumably the best lifestyle which may well be closer to home. They call the tune. So if the pathetic haulage industry who have had 5 years since the referendum to train more drivers, to give them better conditions and pay to attract them, rather than sitting on their hands and doing nothing, think they can can continue to enhance their profits by not giving a shite about their employees then they may well have to think again.

And maybe we can all think about not having 400 varieties of bloody  breakfast cereal (as an example) to transport and become slightly more simplistic in our self entitled must fucking have it now and must have exactly what I want society.
(09-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:35 PM)Pipkins Wrote: Blame the mainstream media for this mass hysteria 

Speaking to ITV News, BP’s head of UK retail, Hanna Hofer said that the situation was “bad, very bad” and that the company had “two thirds of normal forecourt stock levels required for smooth operations,” a quantity that she said was “declining rapidly.”

Gordon Balmer, executive director at the Petrol Retailers Association – which represents station operators throughout the UK – recommended on ITV’s Good Morning Britain that motorists keep enough fuel in reserve to reach an alternative filling station in case fuel is not available in the first one they visit. He went on to call for ex-military staff to fill vacancies in order to alleviate pressure on the industry.

Until very recently it was literally just BP struggling, JUST BP.

It's the panic buying that has suddenly caused the issue for other companies who had stock and had the drivers to keep their forecourts running.

There was no need to go panicking and filling up your car unnecessarily, if you did, you're an idiot, and I hope your next shit is a cactus.

I never said people hadn’t panic bought they clearly have and they are idiots but hey I think the last few years have proven that this normal for the country.

There have been problems with Esso It wasn’t / isn’t just BP  who have faced challenges with a lack of tanker drivers. This has never been about a lack of petrol it’s about getting stocks to the forecourt and there is clearly a problem that has niw been exasperated by idiots panic buying. 

My car? I filled up on Wednesday. I have never panic bought any item sort from Wembley tickets to see us lose to Derby!
Sorry Derek, I didn't mean you personally there, just directed at anyone who has.
(09-26-2021, 06:27 PM)strawman Wrote:

It’s easy to blame the the media for the clusterfuck but if there was no issue with a lack of HGV drivers this would not be happening, and if there was no problems caused by Brexit their would be no reason for the government to desperately issue visa’s for drivers from the EU who had. up until recently been made to feel as welcome as a fart in an astronauts suit by the U.K

Still spreading your specious crap then 
Petrol tanker drivers need an ADR qualification as well as a HGV licence. They need this for them to drive petrol tanker lorries.
There is a shortage of HGV drivers. That's a true fact. 
There is a shortage of HGV drivers in Europe and world wide also a fact
The UK had ADR drivers last week, the week before and the week before that. Nothing has changed in that respect The ADR drivers that were driving last week and since Brexit (when there was no fuel panic) are still around but it seems the BP ones are no longer prepared to put up with the shit conditions.

Regardless, the fuel panic we are now experiencing is caused by media hype, not a shortage of fuel, not a shortage of HGV drivers with ADR qualifications. I know of 3 garages that ran out of fuel on Friday, had more deliveries on Saturday watched by queues of motorists, yet they still fucking queued to get fuel even seeing a delivery. It’s more caused by shortage of brains in much of the population who believe the shite in the media to sell their crap.

And as for temporary visas why should drivers suddenly come back here for 3 months when there is a shortage in Europe as well, they will go where the best conditions and wages are, and presumably the best lifestyle which may well be closer to home. They call the tune. So if the pathetic haulage industry who have had 5 years since the referendum to train more drivers, to give them better conditions and pay to attract them, rather than sitting on their hands and doing nothing, think they can can continue to enhance their profits by not giving a shite about their employees then they may well have to think again.

And maybe we can all think about not having 400 varieties of bloody  breakfast cereal (as an example) to transport and become slightly more simplistic in our self entitled must fucking have it now and must have exactly what I want society.

I have honestly never counted beyond 273 breakfast cereals.
(09-26-2021, 06:34 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: I have honestly never counted beyond 273 breakfast cereals.

Pop into Waitrose, about 500 types of Granola*

*as someone who buys high protein granola from Waitrose I would not like for them to cut down on the variety of granola/cereals at Watrose

(09-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Until very recently it was literally just BP struggling, JUST BP.

It's the panic buying that has suddenly caused the issue for other companies who had stock and had the drivers to keep their forecourts running.

There was no need to go panicking and filling up your car unnecessarily, if you did, you're an idiot, and I hope your next shit is a cactus.

This entire thing has started because BP said two stations had closed due to shortages. Two. In the whole country.

It emphasises both how mind-bogglingly stupid a large proportion of the Great British public are and how self-centred and disgusting the press in this county are.
(09-26-2021, 06:37 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 06:34 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: I have honestly never counted beyond 273 breakfast cereals.

*as someone who buys high protein granola from Waitrose I would not like for them to cut down on the variety of granola/cereals at Watrose

I wouldn't be seen dead in a chav store like Waitrose.
It's no coincidence that Unite are balloting it's members for strike action. Can't blame them for taking advantage of the situation to fight for better pay and conditions.
(09-26-2021, 06:33 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Sorry Derek, I didn't mean you personally there, just directed at anyone who has.

No probs BM I’ve got stuck in traffic yesterday and today going past closed petrol stations… four to be precise.

(09-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Until very recently it was literally just BP struggling, JUST BP.

This entire thing has started because BP said two stations had closed due to shortages. Two. In the whole country.

It emphasises both how mind-bogglingly stupid a large proportion of the Great British public are and how self-centred and disgusting the press in this county are.

It's surprisingly common for deliveries to be missed due to lack of drivers. There has always been a shortage of Tanker drivers due to the very exacting requirements of that licence. Due to the MUCH higher rate of pay they are on, not many left after Brexit, that isn't an issue. However due to Covid, some bad planning from BP, a company I worked for and can say, bad planning is company policy, everyone's massively over reacted like the moronic bunch of cunts people are.

FFS, I think Brexit was a stupid idea, and have seen nothing positive from it yet, and plenty of issues, but this isn't a Brexit issue, it's a people are too fucking stupid to be allowed to breed and vote issue.

(09-26-2021, 06:46 PM)Toby Jugg Wrote:

+ 100%. In the industry meself.

In at 4 in the morning and the British public are indeed stupid cunts beyond belief.

The press have become clickbait sensationalist arseholes and people still base their decisions on what these morons spout.