Adam Reach
Doesn't strike me as a Val type player. Quite soft footed. But a a cheapish squad option ok I guess.
(07-25-2021, 02:28 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 02:07 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 02:01 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Wed mate says "thank f*** he's gone; terribly lazy work shy player, awful".

Player leaves club. Fan of clubs says thank the lord he’s shit. World still spinning. Hardly news is it?

He’d be a good squad addition and chip in. I don’t get what people want. And yes he was released but that’s because they can’t match his current contract, are in dire financial straights and have just been relegated…

£s do not equal quality. See Zahore, Grant et al (though I think the latter will do well this year).

Are you new on here? If a club's fans who watch a player week in and week out say something, then that is the absolute final word, according to the bored spurts.

Haha. 

There were a few on here saying Fozzie was past it. Good riddance. Banter.  Vitriol. Yada.
(07-25-2021, 02:01 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Wed mate says "thank f*** he's gone; terribly lazy work shy player, awful".

Player leaves club. Fan of clubs says thank the lord he’s shit. World still spinning. Hardly news is it?

He’d be a good squad addition and chip in. I don’t get what people want. And yes he was released but that’s because they can’t match his current contract, are in dire financial straights and have just been relegated…

£s do not equal quality. See Zahore, Grant et al (though I think the latter will do well this year).

Are you new on here? If a club's fans who watch a player week in and week out say something, then that is the absolute final word, according to the bored spurts.

Who’s opinion is it best to go off then if not the people that have watched him week in, week out for the past 5 years?
(07-25-2021, 03:18 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Who’s opinion is it best to go off then if not the people that have watched him week in, week out for the past 5 years?

Durrr obviously everyone who has never seen him Smile It's sensible really, more people have never seen him play, majority rules innit Big Grin (I think there were some fans who saw Zohore a fair bit who rated him highly!)
Seems this has resurfaced in the E&D. Scored 15 goals in 3 years from midfield. Some absolute screamers. And when ever I watched Wed he seemed their most dangerous player arriving late from midfield. Something we have lacked since Dorrans/Koren etc.
I saw that Nixon posted something over the weekend saying that a couple of Wednesday players set to leave as free agents had been waiting until the end of July to get a final payout before they move on. I wonder whether Reach is one of those. If so then perhaps we’ll see some movement next week.
He's been training with us, he's still being paid by Shef Wed, untill tomorrow, that's the reason he hasn't signed for anyone yet.
(07-30-2021, 06:58 AM)ABBaggie Wrote: I saw that Nixon posted something over the weekend saying that a couple of Wednesday players set to leave as free agents had been waiting until the end of July to get a final payout before they move on. I wonder whether Reach is one of those. If so then perhaps we’ll see some movement next week.

Think a lot of players will be doing that this summer.

FA rules say that if a player is being released they receive another month’s maximum salary for July, so with I’d imagine a lot of wages set to reduce this summer for free agents most are getting one last decent cheque.

With the season only a week away, I think we’ll see a few signings across the leagues from tomorrow!
The majority of their fans on the attached post think as a free transfer he'd be a good acquisition for us. Their issue is more the big money that they paid for him and the return on the investment - I think he's be ideal signing as competition for Townsend. Lots of experience at this level, and capable of some worldies:  

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/...nt-9919522
Their opinion has to be questioned when they describe us as “huge budget club”