Adam Reach
(07-25-2021, 10:15 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 10:13 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 10:10 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Let the underwhelming signings continue…

Fulham drop £12m on Harry Wilson, meanwhile…

Let the pant wetting over players we haven’t even signed yet, and further wetting over players others have signed continue….

I thought we would have learnt by now.

Are you new here?

Wouldn’t say it’s pant wetting, more just a crippling realisation that this season is going to be far tougher than many expect, and definitely less successful than it ought to be

Meh, we don’t have a lot of money and he’d be an inexpensive squad option. Not one to get hugely excited over, but not one to slit wrists over either.

Fulham spending £12m on a Championship standard player in an area that they have a lot of players already.

Not really a strategy I want us to follow to be honest
Would be an OK squad addition I think, we need some cover for Townsend and we're not exactly going to spunk £££ on backup players.
Scores the odd wonder goal. Bang average apart from that
(07-25-2021, 10:24 AM)wbamitch Wrote: Would be an OK squad addition I think, we need some cover for Townsend and we're not exactly going to spunk £££ on backup players.

Also:

Players can actually be coached to be better. It can happen.
As a back-up wing back i can see the logic. Similar to the Tyrone Mears situation. A solid squad filler who provides cover for a few positions.
(07-25-2021, 10:40 AM)MrFizz Wrote: As a back-up wing back i can see the logic. Similar to the Tyrone Mears situation. A solid squad filler who provides cover for a few positions.

Logic don't come into it on here, it's all about how many £millions the fee is.    Big Grin
Back up ok but a bit of nothing signing s regarding first team impact.

Will need quality signings to fill Matheus Pereira's position and centre forward goalscorer. Those two will take up any decent budget will should have from outgoings.
Townsend is number one choice and has proven himself a quality player at this level and above. He is young, strong and has little history of injury problems. What quality of player would you be expecting us to bring in as a back up player in the Champ? It was the role of Peltier last year. People are used to seeing the squads at the top end of the PL but we arnt a team that can afford to have genuine competition for every place. It's got to be a player with experience who won't let the boss down when called on, no more.

Not sure how we are supposed to be signing anyone for fees when we don't know whether / when we are going to get anywhere between £30m and £50m if we sell both MP and SJ, or between £10m and £30m if we only sell one of them, or between £5m and £10m if we just get a loan fee for Pereira, or zero if we don't do any of the above!

Frustrating, but our transfer budget is that varied at this stage.   We just need to be patient.