Furthest you’ve ever walked
Decent time that, I've done it twice as well though hiking rather than running. Record is 13.09.

The red-hot can of old speckled hen in the car at Abergwyngregyn was the best thing I'd ever tasted!

The Cuillin ridge is more of a bastard if you've never done that. Incredible but I'd gone slightly delirious by the end

Any eejit can tramp along on the flat for hours on end - vertical is where is gets hard!
(05-31-2021, 09:36 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Decent time that, I've done it twice as well though hiking rather than running. Record is 13.09.

The red-hot can of old speckled hen in the car at Abergwyngregyn was the best thing I'd ever tasted!

The Cuillin ridge is more of a bastard if you've never done that. Incredible but I'd gone slightly delirious by the end

Any eejit can tramp along on the flat for hours on end - vertical is where is gets hard!

Amazing how many people naively think that. 

Id rather be walking in the lakes than the surrounding countryside where I live.
I told you I’ll be back
(05-31-2021, 07:58 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 07:54 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 10:23 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 08:12 PM)Duffers Wrote: London Marathon is the furthest I’ve ever ran.

Just realised I actually did 28 miles as I walked the two miles from my flat to the start line that morning.

God knows how many I did. I remember the course coming up as further than 26.2 on my Garmin (probably because I kept going sideways to get more freebies from the crowds) but there is that long walk out the funnel at the end too (plus steps... good idea!). Then had to walk to find the hotel where the massage was waiting for me. The marathon was under 5 hours so could say 5.2 miles per hour

Pleased to learn there was a happy ending Big Grin

She even asked me “where does it hurt?”
I walked the London marathon route a few years back, not including the 3 mile walk to Coventry railway station and the walking around central London to get some breakfast.

I was dead at the end of it and my socks were ruined thanks to the blisters.
I did 70-something thousand steps when I got completely lost in Delhi a few years back... I was wandering aimlessly round all these winding side streets... eventually came upon a metro station about 15 miles away from where my homestay was - god knows how far I walked that day!