Off into Centeal London
(04-15-2021, 07:38 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Enjoy the new world Duffers and the commute that lasts longer than 30 seconds from the wardrobe to log on. Looking like June for me.

It’s actually quite nice to just sit quietly on a bus and then train with my headphones in and not really have to think about much... Don’t tend to get a lot of it with a 3 and 1 year old at home...
(04-15-2021, 07:44 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 07:38 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Enjoy the new world Duffers and the commute that lasts longer than 30 seconds from the wardrobe to log on. Looking like June for me.

It’s actually quite nice to just sit quietly on a bus and then train with my headphones in and not really have to think about much... Don’t tend to get a lot of it with a 3 and 1 year old at home...

I miss the long commutes where you could just listen to the radio or any old playlist, even when I go back my office is only 10 mins away so weather depending I will probably start to do the half hour walk, having said that I don't know where I will fit that extra hour into my day.
(04-15-2021, 08:12 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

I miss the long commutes where you could just listen to the radio or any old playlist, even when I go back my office is only 10 mins away so weather depending I will probably start to do the half hour walk, having said that I don't know where I will fit that extra hour into my day.

This is it... I used to do a fair few miles and lose quite a lot of time to driving, and I no longer have any clue how I’ll fit that time into the day again.

Went into the office Monday due to my aged IT finally giving up after more and more security and remote working software was added and needing replacing, and it was very strange.

We’ve had a few engagement surveys around how many days people want to be in going forward, and what the minimum number of days you need to be in the office for your role, so I image wfh will be here for the long term.
(04-15-2021, 08:12 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

Thing I missed the most about commuting/office working is the half an hour or so of head space you get whilst travelling. When WFH it’s straight from parent mode to work mode and back again without any respite.
(04-15-2021, 07:20 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 07:04 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 06:58 AM)Duffers Wrote: For the first time in over 14 months I’m braving the trip to the office.

Feeling oddly apprehensive about it all... plus my work clothes seem to have shrunk in the last year.

I wouldn’t call Canary Wharf central London. 

Has your company insisted you and all your colleagues return?

Good job I’m not going to Canary Wharf then. Main office is Fenchurch St, CW is a satellite office I usually work out of because it’s closer to home.

Main office reopened on Monday, but on a “no pressure but it’s here if you want to use it” basis. We’re having work done at home today so figured it’d be easier, quieter and less stressful to go in. Plus I fancied a change after 14 months working from the kitchen table.

Ahh, fair enough. 

I have been shocked by the number of cars on the road during rush hour since January as they have steadily increased with more people clearly going back to their workplace.  

The Government message of “should work from home if you can” was weak. They should have stated “must work from home if you can”. 

Let’s hope the African strains found in London are contained.
I told you I’ll be back