BFS @ WBA 21/22 - confirmed
I’ve changed my mind on him multiple times now, the contrast in performances has been huge. The last 2 have been as good as anything we’ve seen in the PL, and some of the games at the beginning are probably the worst. I think he’s probably done enough now to earn the chance of taking us up next season if he wants it. I’m still not entirely sold on him, but like Dumbo said, he will only stay if he’s backed, which can only be a good thing in terms of us giving it a proper go. I still think Wilder would be an equally good option, but if Sam can convince 1 or 2 of the loans to stay, and get Pereira to give us a season in the champ it would perhaps be silly to make a change.
(04-13-2021, 08:09 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 05:02 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: In the Daily Star, so must be true.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba...e-23906404

It’s not confirmed though is it?  The report states we’d offer him the chance to stay. It’s up to him if he stays or goes if we are in the chump. 

Think you need to change the thread title to reflect the FACTS.

Just saying loike. Big Grin

Ypou saying he's manufactured the headlines?

What's more worrying is Wbagreggie's comment at the end of the article. Big Grin
(04-13-2021, 11:05 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:

It’s not confirmed though is it?  The report states we’d offer him the chance to stay. It’s up to him if he stays or goes if we are in the chump. 

What's more worrying is Wbagreggie's comment at the end of the article. Big Grin

And we accuse villa fans of being deluded???  Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back

Does he post on here as Super Slav, perchance?
Nothing has been decided. Typical low end tabloid rubbish.

Read it again. He's been offered the chance to stay if we go down. He might take the offer or he might not.

Not on BFS and the lads, but if we win 7 in a row there'd defo be come on somewhere...
I have always felt that given the option Allardyce would want to have a crack at getting us  promoted  next season. 
But it is becoming clear that he will only do this if he can  get the players he wants.
I think I would still prefer a clean break at the end of the season and a fresh start, but I wouldn't  be appalled  by the prospect of Allardyce staying.
It's  clear he is a talented manager and there has been a definite improvement in the team since the turn of the year.
It would have been interesting to see how Hodgson would have compared with Allardyce. I suspect he might have done better with the squad he  inherited.
I have been a detractor of Allardyce for years.

However, if he does a job at the Albion then I'll back him. Should go without saying.

With the owners looking to sell, a strong manager / first team coach is so important and he is certainly that.
Shabby Russian Wrote:I have always felt that given the option Allardyce would want to have a crack at getting us  promoted  next season. 
But it is becoming clear that he will only do this if he can  get the players he wants.
I think I would still prefer a clean break at the end of the season and a fresh start, but I wouldn't  be appalled  by the prospect of Allardyce staying.
It's  clear he is a talented manager and there has been a definite improvement in the team since the turn of the year.
It would have been interesting to see how Hodgson would have compared with Allardyce. I suspect he might have done better with the squad he  inherited.

I honestly don't think any manager could have done anything with the squad we had prior to January, other than try and scrap out a few draws. How would Hodgson have approached the Villa, Arsenal and Leeds games? Possibly better than Allardyce, as I expected us to set up in the same manner as against Liverpool in those games. Trying to play a normal game was asking for us to be beaten, given the gulf in class. I would have thought Allardyce wouldn't have made the same mistake after the failure in the first of those.
(04-14-2021, 12:25 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
Shabby Russian Wrote:I have always felt that given the option Allardyce would want to have a crack at getting us  promoted  next season. 

I honestly don't think any manager could have done anything with the squad we had prior to January, other than try and scrap out a few draws. How would Hodgson have approached the Villa, Arsenal and Leeds games? Possibly better than Allardyce, as I expected us to set up in the same manner as against Liverpool in those games. Trying to play a normal game was asking for us to be beaten, given the gulf in class. I would have thought Allardyce wouldn't have made the same mistake after the failure in the first of those.

Spot on Ray.

Under those players we should have played defensive football and predominately played a 5-4-1. 

Pereria as a “false 9”.