Poll: Big Sam - what to do.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ziz style - Get out of my club!
8.57%
6 8.57%
Give him until the end of the season me change for next season
35.71%
25 35.71%
Convince him to stay on next season
55.71%
39 55.71%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Allardyce - Poll
(04-04-2021, 09:25 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Fair points. Of course if the improvements continue and we have more like yesterday it will be difficult to argue against him staying on. Like I said, I don’t think it’d be a disaster by any means but the jury is still firmly out for me on whether he’s our best option. 

Ultimately it all boils down to A: he wants the job and B: which alternatives are interested in the role. At this point I think I’d prefer Wilder to him.

Can't disagree with that. I'd be happy with Wilder too
(04-04-2021, 10:34 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 09:25 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Fair points. Of course if the improvements continue and we have more like yesterday it will be difficult to argue against him staying on. Like I said, I don’t think it’d be a disaster by any means but the jury is still firmly out for me on whether he’s our best option. 

Ultimately it all boils down to A: he wants the job and B: which alternatives are interested in the role. At this point I think I’d prefer Wilder to him.

Can't disagree with that. I'd be happy with Wilder too

No doubt Wilder is a very good manager but his record on strikers for the top level worries me.   We are fretting about £15m over 5 years for Grant.....how about McBurnie, Brewster and Burke!!

Allardyce? Both sides have the rest of the season to decide.  His hand was forced yesterday but the performance from the players was just outstanding and they were following his instructions.   The signings under his watch have improved us dramatically.  Today  the gut says stay....If he really wants it.  But let's see.
(04-04-2021, 09:01 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 05:29 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 05:28 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Go. It doesn't matter who is available or not it is shameful that our club is associated with a dodgy. self serving. arrogant man with dubious history to the point that he couldn't keep his gob shut and lost one of the best jobs in football at England. If the arguments for him is that he can get us better organised, even though that has been rarely evident. then I feel the arguments for a man like this to stay are embarassing for the standards of those who think otherwise.

You really are an angry lite man aren't you?

Lol!
The foolishness of typing a response before reading the rest of the thread is evident in your post here Nick. 
So Typical. Lol!
(04-04-2021, 10:55 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 09:01 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 05:29 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 05:28 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Go. It doesn't matter who is available or not it is shameful that our club is associated with a dodgy. self serving. arrogant man with dubious history to the point that he couldn't keep his gob shut and lost one of the best jobs in football at England. If the arguments for him is that he can get us better organised, even though that has been rarely evident. then I feel the arguments for a man like this to stay are embarassing for the standards of those who think otherwise.

You really are an angry lite man aren't you?

Lol!
The foolishness of typing a response before reading the rest of the thread is evident in your post here Nick. 
So Typical. Lol

Double Lol!

Big Grin
(04-04-2021, 10:58 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Double Lol!

Big Grin

Feel free. Knock yourself out. Go for a triple if you want to remain imaginative.
(04-04-2021, 09:44 PM)Duffers Wrote: As great as days like yesterday were they have very much been in the minority.

Fulham, Sheffield Utd, Newcastle and Palace... Four massive games. Two points. That’s why I’m not keen on seeing him return.

That's more about the players than him. They are really not fond of matches where there is any kind of pressure to get a result.
Yesterday was, so far, a one off where Gallagher was unavailable and injuries brought Robinson onto the pitch giving us our best players in their best positions. If he perseveres with Periera central and mobile attacking options around him (Robinson/Grant) then maybe he has a future. If he reverts to the negative starting lineups we’ve seen since he arrived ( including v Chelsea), with our most creative player pushed out wide, then the sooner he leaves, the better.