Poll: Big Sam - what to do.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ziz style - Get out of my club!
8.57%
6 8.57%
Give him until the end of the season me change for next season
35.71%
25 35.71%
Convince him to stay on next season
55.71%
39 55.71%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Allardyce - Poll
It's been done before but opinion changes from week to week.

So where do you currently stand?
If we survive, he stays no questions asked.

If we drop, the best thing about him staying would mean a commitment from the owners to invest, though I’m yet to be convinced he’d make such easy work of the Champ as people are assuming.

If we were to get promoted again, Sam would 100% be the man to keep us up, I’m just not sure he’s the one to tackle the slog that is 2 games a week in the Champ
I still don’t want him here next season. Yesterday was great, but the damage has already been done. The performances from Robinson and Pereira make the previous bunch of games with one on the bench and the other out of position so frustrating. I don’t think we’d have even seen Robinson yesterday if they didn’t have the red card and our 2 injuries
I still think we have to see how the last few games play out. Even the most one eyed of fans begrudgingly has to admit that he's improved us.

Also the repeated unfounded rumours about "the players clearly don't want to play for him" were clearly bullshit.

As it stands I'm hesitant to vote between options two and three. As it stands I think we'd be fine if he was here next season, but wouldn't be against someone else coming in as long as they have a decent record and pedigree.

If we're sacking off Big Sam for Appleton then I hope Allardyce stays.
Funny how we get a poll after the good results...

Still a long way to go to convince me he’s worth keeping on.
(04-04-2021, 12:06 PM)Duffers Wrote: Funny how we get a poll after the good results...

Still a long way to go to convince me he’s worth keeping on.

+1

But, if we perform to that standard in the next eight games, I'd be quite happy to see him stay.
“We just want to be competitive” - we are
“The players aren’t fit” - we are now
“The football will be crap” - it isn’t

Palace and Toon apart he has done a great job since Man U. Defence are unimaginably better, we compete in midfield but the Bilic advocates - who seemed happy watching an uninterested, badly drilled average Champ team trying to beat Derby’s record - are still moaning.

I’d be happy with Wilder too but, from where I’m standing, the future looks a hell of a lot more rosy than six months ago.
Honestly, I'll know after a few more games where I stand, right now my opinion changes game to game.

A few more performances like yesterday, he has to stay. If that was a flash in the pan, I'm not sure at all.
Big Sam has a wealth of experience but more crucially one would assume a load of contacts across the world which is something I don’t see in many of the other names linked with the job and certainly something we should look to tap into .

We are in a situation looking at the clubs accounts where we have little margin for error with the next appointment should Big Sam decide to go.

I think you could give Big Sam a budget big or small and he will make you competitive. Would I trust others in the same way I’m not so sure .

The only issue I have is whether or not he actually really wants it and we aren’t just an excuse to be ‘ back in’ as the phrase goes .
(04-04-2021, 12:39 PM)Faggits Wrote: Big Sam has a wealth of experience but more crucially one would assume a load of contacts across the world which is something I don’t see in many of the other names linked with the job and certainly something we should look to tap into .

We are in a situation looking at the clubs accounts where we have little margin for error with the next appointment should Big Sam decide to go.

I think you could give Big Sam a budget big or small and he will make you competitive. Would I trust others in the same way I’m not so sure .

The only issue I have is whether or not he actually really wants it and we aren’t just an excuse to be ‘ back in’ as the phrase goes .

Although the manager doesn't control transfers here, in Big Sam's favour is his contacts and knowledge with his excellent relationship with Dowling. They worked well together in January,