Poll: Big Sam - what to do.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ziz style - Get out of my club!
8.57%
6 8.57%
Give him until the end of the season me change for next season
35.71%
25 35.71%
Convince him to stay on next season
55.71%
39 55.71%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Allardyce - Poll
(04-04-2021, 06:09 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: ahem...."are embarassing (sic) for the standards of those who think otherwise.". That's an 'insulting' and 'unevidenced' opinion, isn't it? Wink

You could regard it as such FB and I would understand that view but it is NOT directed at an individual.
After all we were told that there was a zero tolerance policy on that now weren't we?
(04-04-2021, 05:50 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 05:43 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 05:28 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Go. It doesn't matter who is available or not it is shameful that our club is associated with a dodgy. self serving. arrogant man with dubious history to the point that he couldn't keep his gob shut and lost one of the best jobs in football at England. If the arguments for him is that he can get us better organised, even though that has been rarely evident. then I feel the arguments for a man like this to stay are embarassing for the standards of those who think otherwise.

I mean I'd love everyone we ever employed to be a beacon of morality, but it's not realistic. I'm definitely not a fan of Sam as a person but my desire to see us competitive far outweighs the fact that he tried to make a bit more cash on the side while England manager.

Our fans cheered Berahinos name while behind the scenes he was impregnation women and blocking them out left right and centre. I remember at the time people having a bit of a laugh about it on here and still chanting his name at games. IMO that's worse than what Allardyce did.

I can see the problem with someone associated with being publically disgraced being at the club, but Allardyce doesn't fall into that bracket IMO

I raise you Lee Hughes, who we continued to play before his trial.

“Before his trial” are the key words there.

His contract was rightly cancelled the moment he was convicted.
(04-04-2021, 07:18 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 12:06 PM)Duffers Wrote: Funny how we get a poll after the good results...

Still a long way to go to convince me he’s worth keeping on.

Agree with this

I wouldn't be distraught  if he was here next season. The problem with Allardyce is the longer he is at a club, the more difficult it is for the club to move forward successfully when he leaves.

The club needs to be in the Prem to be sold, so we can move on. We don’t have the luxury of time as finances dictate long term plans aren’t on the agenda.
(04-04-2021, 07:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 05:28 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Go. It doesn't matter who is available or not it is shameful that our club is associated with a dodgy. self serving. arrogant man with dubious history to the point that he couldn't keep his gob shut and lost one of the best jobs in football at England. If the arguments for him is that he can get us better organised, even though that has been rarely evident. then I feel the arguments for a man like this to stay are embarassing for the standards of those who think otherwise.

I mean I'd love everyone we ever employed to be a beacon of morality, but it's not realistic. I'm definitely not a fan of Sam as a person but my desire to see us competitive far outweighs the fact that he tried to make a bit more cash on the side while England manager.

Our fans cheered Berahinos name while behind the scenes he was impregnation women and blocking them out left right and centre. I remember at the time people having a bit of a laugh about it on here and still chanting his name at games. IMO that's worse than what Allardyce did.

I can see the problem with someone associated with being publically disgraced being at the club, but Allardyce doesn't fall into that bracket IMO

Hit another car over the speed limit and left the scene of an accident.  We all know what sadly happened to the driver of the other vehicle. We could have put him on leave, but we decided to play him having known what he did and someone sadly lost their life.
I told you I’ll be back
IMO looking back at the few months BFS has been with us, he has spent very little money but improved us as
a team and a squad. I have to believe another window and a chance to bring in a few more players without
spending millions is exactly what we need. If he stays promotion is a given (almost)
To me it feels like he gets the credit for the good performances and is given a pass for the bad ones, players aren’t good enough, not his squad etc. I think the improvement is now clear to see, but it’s far too little too late and the pressure is off. His job was to keep us up and whilst it’s not confirmed yet it’s highly likely he will have failed.

I don’t think it would be a disaster if he stayed but I also think we can do better.
(04-04-2021, 07:55 PM)wbamitch Wrote: To me it feels like he gets the credit for the good performances and is given a pass for the bad ones, players aren’t good enough, not his squad etc. I think the improvement is now clear to see, but it’s far too little too late and the pressure is off. His job was to keep us up and whilst it’s not confirmed yet it’s highly likely he will have failed.

I don’t think it would be a disaster if he stayed but I also think we can do better.

Who?
(04-04-2021, 07:54 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 07:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Hit another car over the speed limit and left the scene of an accident.  We all know what sadly happened to the driver of the other vehicle. We could have put him on leave, but we decided to play him having known what he did and someone sadly lost their life.

Not sure it was that clean cut... whilst we all knew what had been alleged to have happened the club couldn’t be seen to take action without a jury having convicted.

We could have chosen not to select him.
(04-04-2021, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 07:55 PM)wbamitch Wrote: To me it feels like he gets the credit for the good performances and is given a pass for the bad ones, players aren’t good enough, not his squad etc. I think the improvement is now clear to see, but it’s far too little too late and the pressure is off. His job was to keep us up and whilst it’s not confirmed yet it’s highly likely he will have failed.

Who?

Well that’s not my job to decide, but considering his record is 14 points from 17 games and he set a record for goals conceded in his first 10 matches I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that someone can do a better job than he has.
(04-04-2021, 08:19 PM)wbamitch Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Who?

Well that’s not my job to decide, but considering his record is 14 points from 17 games and he set a record for goals conceded in his first 10 matches I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that someone can do a better job than he has.

To be fair, we're not in the first ten matches anymore. The question of whether he can take us forwards from here doesn't necessarily have the same answer as "were you happy with his initial results"