Covid Vaccination ID
Oh look - another stamp on your vaccine passport required to ensure it will still be valid?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-boos...r-12257968
Surely having annual boosters isn’t a surprise to you. This really isn’t a conspiracy you know, it’s just the same as the annual flu vaccine.
(03-26-2021, 01:02 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: If the vaccine goalposts haven't moved then why are they now trialing them on kids? That was never part of the plan previously.

“No plan survives first contact with the enemy”. Helmuth van Moltke.
(03-27-2021, 10:03 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Surely having annual boosters isn’t a surprise to you. This really isn’t a conspiracy you know, it’s just the same as the annual flu vaccine.

Not everyone has a flu vaccine.

If there is a need for boosters then surely they need to be for everyone and not just over 70's. 

If it's the 'same as the annual flu vaccine'  'then it will be targeting a certain strain of the virus will it not? If so then why won't the boosters be required by everyone?
What the fuck are you talking about? They’re being over cautious because we don’t want to go for the minimum and find ourselves in another Lockdown. I can’t believe anyone would think that’s a bad idea.
(03-27-2021, 12:06 PM)baggy1 Wrote: What the fuck are you talking about? They’re being over cautious because we don’t want to go for the minimum and find ourselves in another Lockdown. I can’t believe anyone would think that’s a bad idea.

Why the abrasive attitude?
Where did I say it wasn't a good idea?

The vaccine minister says that boosters will be to protect against variants in much the same way the annual flu jabs protect against different flu strains. They don't only offer flu jabs to over 70's and let everyone else rely on last years jab do they? 

So surely if covid boosters are required it will be for everyone and not just the over 70's. If they don't offer this then it paints the picture that under 70's are not at risk which is counterproductive to the current vaccine rollout message.
Vaccines minister December 14th 2020:

"Mandating vaccinations is discriminatory & completely wrong. I urge businesses listening to this today not to even think about this. We've absolutely no plans for vaccine passports"

Let’s hope baggy1 is right and this tactic is only being used to drive up uptake, and is not a serious proposal. Because this is serious goalpost shifting to suggest it may now happen.

The conspiracy theorists have said for nearly a year that life would become restricted for those who chose not to have it. They’ve also said those who chose not to would be blamed for cases going up again to try to push for mandation. I’ve laughed at them. I bloody hope I’m still laughing this time next year, or division in society is going to go to whole new levels IMO. I don’t trust this government in any respect. Their u turns and lies are becoming so common I don’t think some folk are noticing any more!
(03-27-2021, 01:23 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 12:06 PM)baggy1 Wrote: What the fuck are you talking about? They’re being over cautious because we don’t want to go for the minimum and find ourselves in another Lockdown. I can’t believe anyone would think that’s a bad idea.

The vaccine minister says that boosters will be to protect against variants in much the same way the annual flu jabs protect against different flu strains. They don't only offer flu jabs to over 70's and let everyone else rely on last years jab do they? 

So surely if covid boosters are required it will be for everyone and not just the over 70's. If they don't offer this then it paints the picture that under 70's are not at risk which is counterproductive to the current vaccine rollout message.

I wish I lived in your binary world where you either need the vaccine or don’t. Everyone has been given the vaccine to increase the protection and herd immunity for the nation, that won’t be an annual event it’s a one off. The most vulnerable will need an annual booster, they’re getting that from autumn onwards this year. Where’s the conspiracy to do this to renew their passports FFS
(03-27-2021, 02:10 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 01:23 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:

I wish I lived in your binary world where you either need the vaccine or don’t. Everyone has been given the vaccine to increase the protection and herd immunity for the nation, that won’t be an annual event it’s a one off. The most vulnerable will need an annual booster, they’re getting that from autumn onwards this year. Where’s the conspiracy to do this to renew their passports FFS

Domestic passports were a conspiracy theory until a few weeks ago. The vaccines minister said they’re not on the table. Boris did too. Goalposts moving.

They still don’t even make much sense as we don’t know how long antibodies even last. Let alone the other divisive reasons.
Vaccine Passports arre impossible to police. This is simply politicking to increase take-up.

EDIT: If they were introduced I would immediately set up a sideline forging them.