Covid Vaccination ID
(03-26-2021, 11:18 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:16 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:03 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 10:12 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: If those who choose not to have the vaccine face restrictions, that is totally 100% out of order IMO. It is coercion and I am astounded anyone would support that. I very much hope that it is an idol threat to get uptake higher.

I also disagree that it’s always been the plan to vaccinate the whole population. That’s not misinformation at all. Well, if it was, they weren’t honest. The goalposts have moved repeatedly. Only a few weeks ago Boris said vaccine passports may be for foreign travel and not domestically. A few weeks later and it’s changed again. Sinister IMO.

https://www.ft.com/content/d2e00128-7889...e51355a751

But that's naive in itself bb, there will be restrictions for people no matter what based on international travel as a minimum, this was always obvious that there would likely to be restrictions of some sort.

And I think you need to look at who the quote is attributed to (Kate Bingham), she is not a minister but an appointee of the government based on her being married to a Conservative Government minister, she's now not in the role which was quietly done and replaced by Nadhim Zahawi. The quote is from an out of her depth private individual in position at a time when the government couldn't find it's own arse with both hands. If you want better guidance on what was proposed I would point you in the direction of the JVCI website which in December referred to the priority groups as the 1st priorities and not the only priorities.

Nothing sinister, (FFS stop using that word it really is tin hat territory wording) the experts have looked at the risks and tied thiat in with the available vaccines and made a decision that with the resources available we may as well further reduce the risks by vaccinating everyone.

Well IMO restrictions to coerce vaccines are sinister. Vaccine passports were literally tin hat territory last year. I laughed at the idea. Now you seem to accept this as normal. Each to their own, but I think it’s appalling.

So do you think that it is ok to accept individuals travelling from Brazil into the UK at this point in time given the risk that that carries to bringing the virus in?

Apologies I don’t mean flights. Negative test or vaccine is fine for them. The negative test is a reasonable alternative for those who aren’t vaccinated. I’m talking about pubs, cinemas, moving round our country  freely. I don’t believe that is acceptable in the slightest. I think it’s appalling if domestic passports come in, and 6 months ago this was literally tin foil hat conspiracy theory stuff.

I hope this is bull aimed at getting take up higher. If not, I hope enough of the public seriously resist this (domestic vaccine proof to get in places). Them’s my onions.
So you are happy to put restrictions on people then, you are basing your decision on what those restrictions are on geography and where someone lives? Your stance is an all or nothing stance as stopping people from doing something is sinister, but you are comfortable stopping people travelling freely around the globe. Why would you be happy stopping a Brazilian 25 year old travelling to the UK?
(03-26-2021, 11:28 AM)baggy1 Wrote: So you are happy to put restrictions on people then, you are basing your decision on what those restrictions are on geography and where someone lives? Your stance is an all or nothing stance as stopping people from doing something is sinister, but you are comfortable stopping people travelling freely around the globe. Why would you be happy stopping a Brazilian 25 year old travelling to the UK?

I believe, if the issue is bringing variant in, then tests or vaccines to fly is reasonable. That’s not stopping them coming as they can take a test. Most fly once or twice a year. I don’t believe domestic passports to enter pubs, shops, cinemas etc are reasonable in the slightest. Simple as that.

And yes it is based on geography if you like, because apparently, as you’ve said many times, bringing in variants is a crucial issue. I don’t think anyone will be bringing in variants from the Dog and Duck or the local cinema.
(03-26-2021, 11:32 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:28 AM)baggy1 Wrote: So you are happy to put restrictions on people then, you are basing your decision on what those restrictions are on geography and where someone lives? Your stance is an all or nothing stance as stopping people from doing something is sinister, but you are comfortable stopping people travelling freely around the globe. Why would you be happy stopping a Brazilian 25 year old travelling to the UK?

I believe, if the issue is bringing variant in, then tests or vaccines to fly is reasonable. That’s not stopping them coming as they can take a test. Most fly once or twice a year. I don’t believe domestic passports to enter pubs, shops, cinemas etc are reasonable in the slightest. Simple as that.

And I keep saying that it is unlikely that they will happen purely because of the logistics of it. And here's my gripe, you take a view that people have been wound up by the media for a year and are terrified of their own shadow that makes them compliant drones, but by the same token you are getting wound up about a media story that is unlikely to happen. You take the 'i'm cleverer than those people' stance with the former and then fall for the same bullshit in the latter.

And to take your point that a 25 year old from Brazil could bring it in but can do something to show they are free of the virus through testing, but you are comfortable that a UK 25 year old can travel freely within this country without needing to show that same level of safety for others. Why would you place those restrictions on the 25 year old from Brazil, he might not want to comply to these restrictions on his freedom and why should he, because as you say it is ok for 25 year olds to move around without restriction.
What about variants that arise in the UK? Like the Kent variant?

And yes it is based on geography if you like, because apparently, as you’ve said many times, bringing in variants is a crucial issue. I don’t think anyone will be bringing in variants from the Dog and Duck or the local cinema.

And don't put this on me with words like 'apparently' and 'as [I've} said many times. This is your opinion that I am asking for. You either believe that variants can be introduced or not.
(03-26-2021, 11:38 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

And I keep saying that it is unlikely that they will happen purely because of the logistics of it. And here's my gripe, you take a view that people have been wound up by the media for a year and are not terrified of their own shadow that makes them compliant drones, but by the same token you are getting wound up about a media story that is unlikely to happen. You take the 'i'm cleverer than those people' stance with the former and then fall for the same bullshit in the latter.

And to take your point that a 25 year old from Brazil could bring it in but can do something to show they are free of the virus through testing, but you are comfortable that a UK 25 year old can travel freely within this country without needing to show that same level of safety for others. Why would you place those restrictions on the 25 year old from Brazil, he might not want to comply to these restrictions on his freedom and why should he, because as you say it is ok for 25 year olds to move around without restriction.

Within the country, infectious disease is a part of life. Never before have we had to worry about passing on infectious disease to others to the point where our freedoms are restricted. It’s insane IMO. This was about protecting the nhs, not restructuring society around a new disease. We need to live with the virus, not restructure life around it. That is madness.

The issue is apparently variants from other countries, but now it’s one stage further? Putting others in danger? This is getting insane IMO. Covid can’t dominate and restructure our social worlds.

I use ‘apparently’ not because of you, because the news has told us that is the issue with foreign travel. I’m sure that’s true, hence reasonable restrictions for air travel.
The same news that told us we will have to have a vaccine passport?

We're not restructuring society, we're just trying to get everyone vaccinated. And that should be everyones priority to allow us to get back to normal. The constant whinging about freedoms and rights when this really isn't imposing on them distracts from what we should be doing. Constant bullshit around safety of vaccines and the covid myths are put out there to create problems and division. Get as many vaccinated as possible and STFU is my message.

And the word 'apparently' was followed directly by saying 'as you've said many times' so it was aimed at me.

And I keep saying that it is unlikely that they will happen purely because of the logistics of it. And here's my gripe, you take a view that people have been wound up by the media for a year and are terrified of their own shadow that makes them compliant drones, but by the same token you are getting wound up about a media story that is unlikely to happen. You take the 'i'm cleverer than those people' stance with the former and then fall for the same bullshit in the latter.

The government have spent money on a company that is developing and trialling an app that enables exactly that and the Prime Minister and other Ministers have been talking about a Covid passport to get into the pub.
(03-26-2021, 11:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The same news that told us we will have to have a vaccine passport?

For abroad yes. Domestically, no. Until this week. Goalposts moving.

(03-26-2021, 11:46 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

The government have spent money on a company that is developing and trialling an app that enables exactly that and the Prime Minister and other Ministers have been talking about a Covid passport to get into the pub.

Exactly. A month after boris saying it might be required abroad but not domestically. The goalposts are moving.

(03-26-2021, 11:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The same news that told us we will have to have a vaccine passport?

We're not restructuring society, we're just trying to get everyone vaccinated. And that should be everyones priority to allow us to get back to normal. The constant whinging about freedoms and rights when this really isn't imposing on them distracts from what we should be doing. Constant bullshit around safety of vaccines and the covid myths are put out there to create problems and division. Get as many vaccinated as possible and STFU is my message.

If you have to scan passports to get in places, and restricting those who have the human right not to have it, then that is restructuring society IMO. You can tell people to stfu if you want but that’s not exactly persuasive.

I’m not arguing about covid hoax and nonsense like that. I’m on the same page as you there. I just strongly believe in the human right not to have a medical procedure and not be coerced or excluded from anything by it. And I believe domestic passports do that. Infectious disease is part of life and if you’ve been vaccinated, there is no reason to worry if others are in the same place who haven’t been. It’s a nonsense IMO.