Transfer window date
(02-04-2021, 09:21 AM)aj21 Wrote: I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I don't see how it is fair that if clubs signed someone on Monday they couldn't play them if they were playing on Tuesday but they could play if the matches were on Wednesday/Thursday. The fixture schedule shouldn't benefit clubs, it should be equal to all. If you have signed them the day before a game, they are your player and you should be allowed to use them. Another stupid Premier League/FA ruling.
We should have done the business earlier.
AMN is an exception to this but no reason not to have got the others done before if only a few days. I have not heard of any competition for their signatures.
The post isn't just related to us, it is to other clubs who also played Tuesday
The post isn't just related to us, it is to other clubs who also played Tuesday and we only signed two players that we not available.
It’s not just us that do late deals. It’s pretty much the whole league, clubs wait on answers and players wait for the best deal for them.

It does seem unfair that the same “round” of matches after the window that some teams can pick newly signed players and others can’t simply be use of the game scheduling, whic could be tv related.

With electronic media the delay in this instance seems archaic.

It’s always baffled me why teams play on deadline day too.
滚开赖
(02-04-2021, 01:33 PM)aj21 Wrote: The post isn't just related to us, it is to other clubs who also played Tuesday and we only signed two players that we not available.

If they wouldn't have made a difference what is the point in signing them?
If he's any good and based on his position I think Okay could have been the difference between the loss we suffered and a draw or win.
The question really should be:

a) Is it better to allow players to play as soon as they sign

or

b) Is it better that clubs have to wait for a day afterwards

How anyone can argue for option b over option a is beyond me. No doubt it can be changed, so it should be changed
(02-04-2021, 10:55 AM)aj21 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 09:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote: That’s clutching at some paper straws right there.

Not clutching, i know we are relegated and were before Tuesday. I just don't think it fair

It's just one more rule against clubs like ours struggling budget wise against clubs who can spend what they want when they want in the transfer window, whereas we have to drive the hardest bargain for every penny. Let's face it, the Premier league is a complete joke in terms of fair competition.
(02-04-2021, 01:32 PM)aj21 Wrote: The post isn't just related to us, it is to other clubs who also played Tuesday

I understand and agree with your point mate.  And people saying we should have signed people earlier clearly don't understand how transfers work especially with our budget.  

As it turned out West Ham benefited to the the tune of 3 points because without Lingard they wouldn't have won.  

Also, why do we always play on an effing Tuesday!