Transfer window date
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I don't see how it is fair that if clubs signed someone on Monday they couldn't play them if they were playing on Tuesday but they could play if the matches were on Wednesday/Thursday. The fixture schedule shouldn't benefit clubs, it should be equal to all. If you have signed them the day before a game, they are your player and you should be allowed to use them. Another stupid Premier League/FA ruling.
Very stupid I agree
That’s clutching at some paper straws right there.
I'm sure there is some time frame for it to clear that player is on the books/fully registered as it were, which I think was the reason. Therefore the other alternative would be to move the actual game if you want the player to play. Aj21 is right, the League and FA should have moved Tuesdays games to Wednesday to suffice all.
Even in the middle of the transfer window, you can't sign a player at 11 pm one day, & play him in a 6 pm k/o the next day.
(02-04-2021, 09:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote: That’s clutching at some paper straws right there.

Not clutching, i know we are relegated and were before Tuesday. I just don't think it fair
(02-04-2021, 10:55 AM)aj21 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 09:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote: That’s clutching at some paper straws right there.

Not clutching, i know we are relegated and were before Tuesday. I just don't think it fair

Maybe we should have got the fuckers in a bit earlier then. We knew the deadline day date. We knew the date of our fixtures.

AS long as the rules are the same for everyone and we know the parameters we have to work within then it's perfectly fair.
(02-04-2021, 11:13 AM)strawman Wrote:

AS long as the rules are the same for everyone and we know the parameters we have to work within then it's perfectly fair.

It's really not though because the market changes on the last day of the transfer window as all the negotiations have to come to a close one way or another. Whether you play on Tuesday or Wednesday is a roll of the dice but it impacts whether your new signings are available, it's not the same for everyone.

I really don't think it was a moan about us losing to Sheff U. AJ is right, it's a truly stupid rule
Yes Sliced. It is nothing to do with our game against Sheffield United. Deadline day is when most deals are done due to the nature of negotiation.

It just an unbalanced rule and the aim of rules is they are fair for all. Southampton signed players - they couldn't play, yet West Ham sign players and they start?