Sorry he has to go NOW!
In my opinion he’s a very lucky man that there are no crowds right now because he would be getting dogs abuse at the next home game !! I would think most fans were against his appointment but were willing to give him a chance but I would wager there are very few Big Sam fans now, his ego is giving his head a run for its money on which is the biggest, I’m sure he’d gladly eat himself if he could !!
I think he needs to be given the rest of this month to see how the new signings affect our performances. If Musa has a good trial, we could be adding 3 players to the first 11, and sometimes just one player can make the world of difference to a team.

It's very difficult to warm to Big Sam though, given that we appear to be getting worse under him, and he's definitely from the Tony Pulis school of self preservation. (Just like my missus, nothing is ever his fault it would seem!)

Ultimately I can't see him being with us next season, so we need to try a sit back and 'enjoy' the ride. (Unfortunately, it's a bit like that one at Alton Towers that broke a few years)
Don"t think it would do anybody any favours changing nanagers again now. We've just got to see it through to the end of the season with BS and hope something improves with the new arrivals. Not in terms of survival just in terms of less humiliating.

Relegation should seal his retirement and we can move onto new targets who should be going through due diligence even now. We can't sack Sam as we are likely to be paying compo for the new manager and need the cash.

Then it's a two year plan for promotion with immediate relegation factored into the strategy OR rinse and repeat again like this season. Not sure who's left to try out? Arry? Hughes?
As it makes little difference, we at least need to let BS play his signings.
Then get the plan sorted for the next 18 months.
(02-03-2021, 01:56 PM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote: Don"t think it would do anybody any favours changing nanagers again now.  We've just got to see it through to the end of the season with BS and hope something improves with the new arrivals.  Not in terms of survival just in terms of less humiliating.

Relegation should seal his retirement and we can move onto new targets who should be going through due diligence even now.  We can't sack Sam as we are likely to be paying compo for the new manager and need the cash.

Then it's a two year plan for promotion with immediate relegation factored into the strategy OR rinse and repeat again like this season.  Not sure who's left to try out? Arry? Hughes?

Exactly.

I reckon Big Sam will walk when his “never relegated” tag is at risk... he’s been backed from the outside with 4 new signings so if he walks now he looks petty. I expect we’ll see several more face saving interviews and then him to walk away in 6-7 games time saying he wanted another CB.

Sack him now and we have 3-4m compensation to pay to him and Sammy Lee... wait til we’re down and it costs us nothing... and he’ll probably walk before then

No one out there will keep this shambles up so now it’s just about saving what money we can.
I think it's time for the Big Sam Allaraptor to join the Pulisaurus into extinction.
He won't go now and it's his players in so we will have to see. However, he should have got us 3 or 4 points more by now. The fact he hasn't has completely destroyed any hopes of stopping up.
I still blame the players more than the manager - they have been pretty dire since lockdown!
I don't think we would have any more points under anybody!!
(02-03-2021, 12:43 PM)Duffers Wrote: I’d expect there to be a break clause when relegation is confirmed. No point paying to ditch him before then.

This was confirmed when he took the job

As much as he's been shit and shouldn't ever have been near our club, blame Dowling and the twat that is Lai

Sam was NEVER a good fit for this squad of players, we all knew that, why the fuck didn't they?

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(02-03-2021, 06:06 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 12:43 PM)Duffers Wrote: I’d expect there to be a break clause when relegation is confirmed. No point paying to ditch him before then.

This was confirmed when he took the job

As much as he's been shit and shouldn't ever have been near our club, blame Dowling and the twat that is Lai

Sam was NEVER a good fit for this squad of players, we all knew that, why the fuck didn't they?

Cuzer

I imagine the only "good fit" for this squad of players was Bilic, and then only if you don't have Winning Games on your to-do list.