Big Dave
(02-02-2021, 09:08 PM)Duffers Wrote: Darren Moore is an absolutely fantastic bloke and an Albion legend.

Doesn’t change the fact that he wasn’t up to the task of getting us back up.

Looked at objectively, would it be a good move for him to return? Considering how well he's doing now and the absolute fog of uncertainty around where we're heading.

Not The Championship - there's no fog about that; I was thinking more in terms of what happens once we're there.
(02-02-2021, 09:12 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:08 PM)Duffers Wrote: Darren Moore is an absolutely fantastic bloke and an Albion legend.

I disagree sort of.

With Shan, I think he would have done.

Mostly because of Shan and his coaching and tactical knowledge. Moore was an excellent leader which got players to buy into him and what he wanted.

Him going for Jones was a massive mistake.

Seriously, if Shan was an ex player, he'd be managing at a decent level by now.

Isn’t picking your staff part of the manager’s job?

He made mistakes in that department, which are forgivable given it was his first job, but I was never convinced he had the chops.
Big Dave should stay at Doncaster until at least the end of the season. If he gets them up him and Jamie Smith would have done a brilliant job.
Appleton's had his fingers burn't at bad clubs , i hope he turns these fuggers down.
(02-02-2021, 09:24 PM)Crossbar11 Wrote: Appleton's had his fingers burn't at bad clubs , i hope he turns these fuggers down.

Me too.

I don't want him here.
(02-02-2021, 09:21 PM)Duffers Wrote:

I disagree sort of.

Mostly because of Shan and his coaching and tactical knowledge. Moore was an excellent leader which got players to buy into him and what he wanted.

Isn’t picking your staff part of the manager’s job?

He made mistakes in that department, which are forgivable given it was his first job, but I was never convinced he had the chops.

It is.

Hence the sort of disclaimer there.

Shan fucked up leaving here when Bilic came in. Could do with him now.
(02-02-2021, 09:25 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:24 PM)Crossbar11 Wrote: Appleton's had his fingers burn't at bad clubs , i hope he turns these fuggers down.

Me too.

I don't want him here.

Why?
(02-02-2021, 09:27 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 09:25 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Me too.

I don't want him here.

Why?

We need strong characters to challenge our useless hierarchy. Sam has done that, albeit to Kate, and got in some decent players.

Appleton would, in my opinion, be a nodding dog.
(02-02-2021, 09:04 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Appleton is my choice for next season, unless he really blows it with Lincoln.

And me Birdy. I wanted him to replace Bilic. Problem is Lincoln will want Compo. Will we pay it? Would he want to even come after taking Lincoln in to the Championship?

I'd hope that his relationship with Dowling and his "unfinished business" with us would swing it.

I disagree sort of.

Correct. Shan would have at least walked into a League One job, fair play to him serving his time in the National League.

Moore and Shan would have got us up, but in fairness, with J-Rod and Gayle on form, we were three quarters of the way there.