Phil Jones
(12-20-2020, 05:44 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:22 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 03:13 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 03:06 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: As for Jones.

Not a fan, yes he had a lot of promise, but none of that is left in him now. I'm not sure he'd improve Derby tbh, positionally awful, rash tackles, very weird body positions. Overall, injuries have wrecked him.

Don't talk sense Mon, the tide on here has now moved to apparently pragmatism. It's just another word for Pulis style, grind out results and ruin the club's reputation for another decade.

But hey, Ivanovic was the saviour and Grant looked a top striker a month or so back and now need replacing with the next has beens. It's the pragmatic way...best get used 
Liverpool score winner from corner last week .... I suppose that’s Pulis style to you? 

Hodgson was the best ‘pragmatic’ manager we’ve had in many years. As soon as he came in we were more organised, drilled & everyone knew what their role was. Also much more threat from set pieces ... I suppose that’s Pulis style to you ? 

And Brunt 48 premier league assists ... Pulis style ... 8 seasons in the premier league ...Pulis style 

But I suppose you’d prefer us to be pissed on most weeks & try to break lowest points record ? 

As for Bilic, his main style this season was making it easy for teams to play against us

I think you'd be better off asking pep Guardiola how easy we were to play against.

You obviously just want results over entertainment, and that's absolutely fine and dandy. I don't.

I'm using the word pragmatic to avoid saying extinct reptiles, park the bus, long ball, boring as fuck style... I was being nice to BFS for once.
Because we went to Man City to entertain, take the game to them with our expansive, attacking style rather than getting 11 men behind the ball and trying not to get beaten. Probably the biggest parking of a bus in the league this season.
I've no doubt we scared the shit out of Pep, with our 23% possession, & 5 shots at goal, with 1 of them on target, compared to their 26 attempts. 
Apart from some great keeping from SJ, & City's shit finishing, I think we probably were pretty easy to play against.
I don't think it has to be either/or. Having organisation and being a threat from set pieces is the basic minimum really. Years ago, this was included in the "small margins" thing that everyone looked to increase. Nowt wrong with that.
I see the BFS fan club is in full swing on 'ere now. Good for you, I just hope none of you ever need to sell your granny for anything as she'll be done for!
(12-20-2020, 12:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Being linked with us and Wayne Rooney’s Derby County in January... 2021 isn’t looking much better is it?

Lol!!   Big Grin

A yard dog tied to a stick by a piece of string running around in circles.

God help us if this fucker rocks up here.
(12-20-2020, 10:14 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Being linked with us and Wayne Rooney’s Derby County in January... 2021 isn’t looking much better is it?

Lol!!   Big Grin

Could he really be any worse?
To be fair. Centre back isn't my primary concern. Ajeyi and O'Shea haven't really done much wrong. It's right back and midfield I panic about.

And up front.
(12-20-2020, 10:15 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Lol!!   Big Grin

Probably not.

Sorry to hear about your change of Christmas plans, Duffers, genuinely.

Far more important and poignant than the shit we all witnessed tonight.
(12-20-2020, 10:17 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Lol!!   Big Grin

Probably not.

Ah cheers, it’s gutting but we’ll live.

There are people out there who are having it much worse than us.
(12-20-2020, 10:53 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 10:17 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Lol!!   Big Grin

Probably not.

Ah cheers, it’s gutting but we’ll live.

There are people out there who are having it much worse than us.

True but not great when you have little ones.

Mine's a little older now and sounded pissed off when I called him at halftime.

Mind actually spoke to a mate of mine today who actually had it and ended up in hospital. Had a clot on his lung, and thankfully he's okay now. We in for three day. Passed it onto his family who were all okay with symptoms varying from none to mild. Very strange but but very serious. The first person I've spoken to who has had it.