Sweaties
(11-13-2020, 03:46 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 12:26 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 12:24 PM)garyowensneck Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 12:17 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Really pleased for Clarkey Cat. Great coach, with hindsight, unfairly treated by WBA.

Agree with the coach bit but he got 31 points from 38 games and had to go, lack of a suitable replacement was our downfall.

Indeed.

This argument has been done to death but I’ve never believed he would have pulled us out of the tailspin we were in.

What we wouldn't give for 31 points in 38 games now eh.

Given the indulgence shown towards managers such as Pulis and lets be fair Bilic, i think managers such as Clarke and Moore and to a certain extent Irvine can be a little aggrieved at the way they were treated by the club.

I think Clarke and RDM are certainly in that bracket, given their overall tenures.  Stretching it to say AFI IMO
RDM was justified by Hodgson being available and keen to join.

Sacking Clarke wasn’t necessarily the wrong decision. The real issue was the utter abortion that was the process of replacing him.
(11-13-2020, 05:13 PM)Duffers Wrote: RDM was justified by Hodgson being available and keen to join.

Sacking Clarke wasn’t necessarily the wrong decision. The real issue was the utter abortion that was the process of replacing him.

It worked out  - given the quality of the replacement. 

It was harsh on its face though - esp given the game Appy got in between