Slaven
His comments after yesterday “ we need, need, need more help” make it crystal clear.

Who knows what he was promised after we got promoted. The reality is we don’t have the cash and have a lot of deadwood with little resale value in the current market.

Always the optimist I’m hopeful of a gem from overseas tonight but am sure it will be another Sic Vic type signing.
Once Diallo signed for Strasbourg I kind of gave up on the left field foreign signing as it felt like he was the one we might pull out of the bag. Not even sure if he would have been more Ideye rather than Odenwingie but us fans do love the unknown. So it's Grant and Deeney plus loans in the mix now? Unless Hudds refuse to blink and Deeney gets a better offer.

Just like everything Albion I will wake up tomorrow ready to go again but have to admit the level of optimism will have dropped that bit more.
(10-05-2020, 07:05 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: His comments after yesterday “ we need, need, need more help” make it crystal clear.

Who knows what he was promised after we got promoted. The reality is we don’t have the cash and have a lot of deadwood with little resale value in the current market.

Always the optimist I’m hopeful of a gem from overseas tonight but am sure it will be another Sic Vic type signing.

I've a damn good feeling he was promised more than he currently has!
(10-05-2020, 07:37 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 07:05 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: His comments after yesterday “ we need, need, need more help” make it crystal clear.

I've a damn good feeling he was promised more than he currently has!

I’m sure he was, but that was before a global pandemic devastated the finances of clubs all round the world and make it impossible for sustainable clubs like ours to have any idea what our budget is... season ticket sales, match day income, commercial revenues, whilst dwarfed by TV money are still very important (and with reduced TV income, even more important)... 

We then have no idea what the market will look like for sales going forward, values could completely crash next year meaning player sales and revenue - one of Dowling’s key areas of improvement - is totally unpredictable too.

I’m sure Slav expected more, but he will be fully aware of how things operate here.

Thats the thing,,, when did you last see an Albion player being linked with another club? Or were worried one of our players was going to leave?