New xbox
I’ve gone for a PS5 from launch but will look to pick up a SX a year or two from now. After a couple of years with some decent first party releases plus whatever Bethesda bring that £28 per month will look like cracking value.
Oh, and the MS finance deal will end up costing you more long term, even though it's 0% finance as you pay full whack, but I can see how some might like it.

(10-01-2020, 07:55 AM)Duffers Wrote: I’ve gone for a PS5 from launch but will look to pick up a SX a year or two from now. After a couple of years with some decent first party releases plus whatever Bethesda bring that £28 per month will look like cracking value.

£28 a month I thought it was about £12 for ultimate? Whatever is on the top tier will be on pc anyway, diminishing the XsX usefulness. I also don't think they'll keep it from PS5, maybe some timed exclusivity or other shenanigans, but cutting the largest user base out doesn't make sense.
(10-01-2020, 07:56 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Oh, and the MS finance deal will end up costing you more long  term, even though it's 0% finance as you pay full whack, but I can see how some might like it.

(10-01-2020, 07:55 AM)Duffers Wrote: I’ve gone for a PS5 from launch but will look to pick up a SX a year or two from now. After a couple of years with some decent first party releases plus whatever Bethesda bring that £28 per month will look like cracking value.

£28 a month I thought it was about £12 for ultimate? Whatever is on the top tier will be on pc anyway, diminishing the XsX usefulness. I also don't think they'll keep it from PS5, maybe some timed exclusivity or other shenanigans, but cutting the largest user base out doesn't make sense.

That £28 is for GP subscription and the console, works out at £672 over the two years, a console on its own costs £450.

If you only use Gamepass you may never actually need to purchase a game for the system, especially given the likes of Halo and Forza come to GP on launch.

Agree that they won’t cut the Bethesda stuff from PS5, as you say it makes no sense to cut out 50% of your market.

It’ll be timed exclusives and reminders that you can either pay £60 for the game on PS5 or have it as part of a much larger subscription service.
Ahhh yeah with you now. I worked the figures out on another thread. If you shop around you can get GPU for about £100 a year currently, then £450 so £650... You forgot the 99p on top of the £28 though so you need another almost £24 on your figures...shopping around can save you about £50 over 2 years, which admittedly ain't much.

I also worked out you could get a PS5 and 2 years of PS+ AND PS Now for around £600...or about £520 for digital version...
Some more Xboxes up tomorrow on Currys, link to queue.

https://currys.queue-it.net/?c=currys&e=...&cid=en-GB
Cheers for all the help on here, gents.

Most of it well above my head but ta anyway!
(10-01-2020, 05:39 PM)WBA Baracus Wrote: Some more Xboxes up tomorrow on Currys, link to queue.

https://currys.queue-it.net/?c=currys&e=...&cid=en-GB

Just a thing with the Currys queue system, don't bother joining it super early thinking you'll then be allocated a low queue position. You won't. Join it ten ISH minutes before it goes live and you'll be on earlier...I did a test with it the other day for the ps5s, 2 browsers queuing for 2+ hours beforehand, nephew joined 20 mins before live, he ended up 17000 places ahead of both mine.