Ross Barkley
We are like the poor relations that have to have the hand me downs .......honestly I feel sick to the stomach looking at our rivals in the transfer market .
(09-30-2020, 10:12 AM)The liquidator Wrote: It's quite sickening at what them and wolves are doing and we are trying to sort out a provident cheque to get grant over the line .

Oh fuck them both.

For years we have spent considerably less than most in the league and have always held our own.

There’s nothing going on here that hasn’t been happening for a long time.
(09-30-2020, 10:17 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 10:12 AM)The liquidator Wrote: It's quite sickening at what them and wolves are doing and we are trying to sort out a provident cheque to get grant over the line .

Indicative of the way football is heading. The best we can hope for is to tread water until someone uses us to launder their money and promote their business interests.

Well our current owner bought us for something like that purpose, but then the government swing made him change his mind.

It would be fun to be on the kind of ride Wolves and Villa are, but there’s a certain amount of pride to be taken from the fact we’re doing it properly and not the plaything of some multi billionaire owner or super agent who could lose interest and plunge us into Pompey style debt overnight.
(09-30-2020, 10:21 AM)The liquidator Wrote: We are like the poor relations that have to have the hand me downs .......honestly I feel sick to the stomach looking at our rivals in the transfer market .

Why? It’s always been like this.

Do not concern yourself with petty jealousy. Villa will fluff hundreds of millions to finish 14th at best. For all of Wolves’ Portuguese teenagers they still aren’t going to get anywhere near the top.
(09-30-2020, 10:21 AM)The liquidator Wrote: We are like the poor relations that have to have the hand me downs .......honestly I feel sick to the stomach looking at our rivals in the transfer market .

Probably the best thing to do, would be to stop looking, if it's making you feel ill.
(09-30-2020, 10:23 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

Probably the best thing to do, would be to stop looking, if it's making you feel ill.

The Sam Johnstone on crosses approach
(09-30-2020, 10:25 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Exactly, I close my eyes every time one comes over.   Big Grin
(09-30-2020, 10:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

So, the Sam Johnstone approach to crosses Big Grin
(09-30-2020, 10:23 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Why? It’s always been like this.

Do not concern yourself with petty jealousy. Villa will fluff hundreds of millions to finish 14th at best. For all of Wolves’ Portuguese teenagers they still aren’t going to get anywhere near the top.

I think that's the point - whilst the purples and oranges are spunking obscene amounts of millions (as galling as that is) they aren't our problem this season.  The other bottom 6 - 8 are, I'm guessing Villa probably won't be in that 6-8 now, so lets hope all the other potential bottom-dwellers don't find £200 million to improve themselves beyond our capacity to compete.

SOTV anyroad.
(09-30-2020, 10:28 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 10:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

So, the Sam Johnstone approach to crosses Big Grin

I was just in the process of edititng my post to read, " I think Sam probably does the same"    Big Grin