Murray
(09-27-2020, 08:05 PM)TheAlbionWay Wrote: Kudos where it is due - he was brave to attempt a comeback and not rest on his laurels.

I never thought I would see a Brit in any Wimbledon singles finals.

From memory he was a losing finalist in 2012, then smashed Federer in the Olympics the same year and won Wimbledon the next.

Golden period for modern British Tennis.

It won’t happen again Murray achieved despite the LTA not because of them. As governing bodies go they are truly abysmal snobs.
(09-27-2020, 08:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 08:05 PM)TheAlbionWay Wrote: Kudos where it is due - he was brave to attempt a comeback and not rest on his laurels.

I never thought I would see a Brit in any Wimbledon singles finals.

From memory he was a losing finalist in 2012, then smashed Federer in the Olympics the same year and won Wimbledon the next.

Golden period for modern British Tennis.

It won’t happen again Murray achieved despite the LTA not because of it them. As governing bodies go they are truly abysmal snobs.

Sadly I think your right.
(09-27-2020, 06:21 PM)Duffers Wrote: Out of the French Open in the first round. Went out of the US Open in the first/second round last month.

Sadly it looks like he’s finished. A valiant attempt to return but looks like his injuries have done for him.

Big tennis fan and I've watched him for years.

I think this will be it for him although he may try and play again in front of fans. His game is energetic and his serve always wrecked his hips anyway turning into the shot. For him to come back with a metal hip was a feat in itself. Great player nothing left to prove.
So, is he back to being a Scotch Pryk again, now then? Asking for a friend.   Rolleyes
Can't be easy having to resign himself to what his body can't do anymore. He's had a remarkable career really, given that his body hasn't been kind at times. And if not for all of three named above being born within a decade of one another, Murray would surely have won a lot more. Sad really.

I thought he was a twat when he hit the bigtime (nowt to do with him being a jock); not going anywhere without hatchet-face and that bird who kind of looked at him in fear when he necked her on court once. But he's channeled that anger and aggression very well over the years and has matured nicely into a neat little Sue Barker replacement. He'll be dolling out Chrimbo sport gongs with Andrenochrome Gary one day that lad.

But no one can doubt how hard he's worked and how much he wants it. Especially when I doubt the family much need the prize money, which now probably doesn't cover his costs. He has certainly earned what he has.