Boris needs to be held to account.
(08-14-2020, 02:20 AM)quintonbaggie Wrote: Fucking hilarious. Honestly that is satire at its best. Comedy genius that pal.

The thousands of people that died unnecessarily, the multiple millions wasted on ineffective PPE purchased from companies with no track-record, the coverage by a right wing media of a few hundred people arriving on dinghy's...YET nothing on the crisis of poverty in our own cities and towns (Halesowen), the largest excess death toll in Europe and the biggest recession?

All of you smirking at Cornish's post can fuck right off.  

I don't give a shit how far you drive to the Albion - this is a football board keep you're right-wing bollocks in the annex created for politics.

I’d advise you take a cold shower, have a shifty on the politics board and read some of Derek’s posts and then ask yourself if there is even the slightest similarity with the OP.

And then chill the fugg out.
Yep The op is funny, but the idea that you can conflate Boris’s truly shite response to Covid to The Weather is bogus.
(08-14-2020, 07:38 AM)Colmanspig_ Wrote: Yep The op is funny, but the idea that you can conflate Boris’s truly shite response to Covid to The Weather is bogus.

+1 The implication that there's nothing they could've done about Covid like there's nothing they can do about the weather is letting them off the hook massively.
Do you recall name n the 90s when we football teams used to say that you can’t prepare for penalty shootouts.
(08-14-2020, 02:20 AM)quintonbaggie Wrote: Fucking hilarious. Honestly that is satire at its best. Comedy genius that pal.

The thousands of people that died unnecessarily, the multiple millions wasted on ineffective PPE purchased from companies with no track-record, the coverage by a right wing media of a few hundred people arriving on dinghy's...YET nothing on the crisis of poverty in our own cities and towns (Halesowen), the largest excess death toll in Europe and the biggest recession?

All of you smirking at Cornish's post can fuck right off.  

I don't give a shit how far you drive to the Albion - this is a football board keep you're right-wing bollocks in the annex created for politics.

Calm down comrade
I actually find the OP insulting to the tens of thousands who have died unnecessarily due to Boris' / Cummings / Government apathy and incompetence.
Sorry if I'm just not seeing the funny side of it.
Wankers who can't understand wear a mask, wash your hands regularly and stay 2 metres from others are the real culprits. No governing body would get through to these fucktards with any realistic rules. Sadly it's the fault of the modern selfish human race. I'm sure the OP was aiming at these people.
(08-14-2020, 09:31 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Wankers who can't understand wear a mask, wash your hands regularly and stay 2 metres from others are the real culprits. No governing body would get through to these fucktards with any realistic rules. Sadly it's the fault of the modern selfish human race. I'm sure the OP was aiming at these people.

There have been mistakes made, of course. Whether severity was not quantified to a high enough level, whether lockdown happened too late etc. Some of this we know only because of 20/20 vision in hindsight. I don't think anyone is trying to find excuses for a seeming lack of governmental strategy at some levels or various examples of incompetence/negligence. However, a lot of people are getting worn down by the constant fuggin moaning from those who think governments should be there to tell everyone where to stand, what to do every minute of the day and wipe their own arses for them.
If you can't laugh, your gonna cry.
(08-14-2020, 07:41 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 07:38 AM)Colmanspig_ Wrote: Yep The op is funny, but the idea that you can conflate Boris’s truly shite response to Covid to The Weather is bogus.

+1 The implication that there's nothing they could've done about Covid like there's nothing they can do about the weather is letting them off the hook massively.

But is it? The virus can't be stopped without a vaccine in the short term. It's all about mitigation at this stage and there are many conflicting views on the best options AND keep the economy running. If we had heatwave after heatwave should the government be buying up fans for everyone to cool down?  I'd imagine there are more heat-related deaths this year given the temperatures. They (the UK govt) can only affect climate change to such a minimal extent given you have countries like China and US who pumping out 10,000x the shite we do on a daily basis.

Being a critic is the easiest job in the world and now with social media everyone in the world wants to be one. It grates, that's all.