Shane Duffy strong links
(08-11-2020, 07:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Foster at 26 was considered a diabolical 'keeper. It was another year before he had a decent season at Birmingham, and people were not happy at us signing him a year after that.

Johnstone has to learn, and at this level quickly, I jyst hope he either learns, or if not, we act quickly.

Foster was considered a poor keeper for Manchester United who had Van Der Sar though. Johnstone is seen as a poor keeper for us where he's the number 1 choice.
Just heard that Palmer is off to Lincoln season’s loan. So there should be a new keeper coming in { hopefully}
(08-11-2020, 08:00 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: No problems with Johnstone starting next season as no 1. Get in an experienced no 2 and let’s hope Palmer keeps developing at the same rate.
He saved us on many occasions last season.
Duffy would be a good acquisition as would Vida at Fenebahce.
The key for next season is two new goalscoring strikers.

Yes, key. Absolutely! Along with a new keeper.
(08-11-2020, 08:06 PM)wba13 Wrote: Just heard that Palmer is off to Lincoln season’s loan. So there should be a new keeper coming in { hopefully}

Think he could aim higher if honest.  Lots of Championship teams will need a keeper and loan deals.
(08-11-2020, 08:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 08:06 PM)wba13 Wrote: Just heard that Palmer is off to Lincoln season’s loan. So there should be a new keeper coming in { hopefully}

Think he could aim higher if honest.  Lots of Championship teams will need a keeper and loan deals.

Appy there ain't he?

I think what is most important is that Palmer goes to a club where he's got a good chance of being the recognised number one. No point spending a season sitting on the bench.
(08-11-2020, 08:21 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Appy there ain't he?

He should be happy
while he's playing under Appy
I'm no goalkeeper coach but I know a few things. Sam's reaction saves are generally very good. I also feel his distribution is better than many give him credit for. Further to this his footwork is questionable and he often falls towards shots as opposed to diving for them. I also know he looks as nervous and as shaky as a shitting dog on laxatives when a ball comes into the box. Even Kyle Bartley's stopped pointing at him FFS, sake, sake, sake! If we're keeping SJ we need to bring a commanding centre half in. If that's Duffy at a reasonable price then it's fine by me.