Was that the worst promotion ever?
(07-23-2020, 03:37 PM)Sliced Wrote: I mean each to his own. I just find this thread to be very strange. I'm elated. I don't really care if I'm less elated than the last time I was super elated. I don't know. I'm just happy to be elated

Exactly!
I found this to be possibly amongst the stupiest thread titles I've ever seen on here, and I've been lurking/posting on and on off since Megson's first promotion season on Rivals.

(07-23-2020, 03:39 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 03:36 PM)Tokyo Baggie Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 03:27 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 03:06 PM)Tokyo Baggie Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 02:59 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Livermore was hardly fist pumping- he was emotionally exhausted. The body language was one of phew rather than unbridled joy.
Maybe, if we'd won on the night it might have been different.  
I've seen enough Albion celebrations to know that this one felt different, and not just because of the virus. It's my opinion, and others too, but anyway, we got there and this is just a footnote as we chew the fat on what has been a successful season.

Okay.
Bartley, Robinson, and Phillips seemed pretty fucking happy. This video must have missed Livermore crying in corner, moaning about how this promotion didn't feel worthwhile! 
https://www.facebook.com/westbromwichalb...6152429393
Angel

The bigger question is why is Bartley wearing Krov's shorts?

Ha! I guess we'll never know...

Also, at the end of the video Barry isn't jumping up and down fist-pumping left right and centre. Worst promotion ever. Five of my four West Brom supporting mates noticed this. They merely felt relieved rather than ecstatic at Barry's attitude. Terrible times.

Barry is probably sick of being surrounded by all those kids!
Right! Those damned kids that were all party to this terrible, terrible promotion. They should be feeling embarassed as opposed to happy Angel
I kind of see what Spandau is coming from mainly because he seems to be a bit of a deep thinker.

Personally I over the fucking moon
Fuck Brentford & Fuck the playoffs

Lets hope both Watford and West Ham are at it on Sunday.
(07-23-2020, 03:49 PM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: I kind of see what Spandau is coming from mainly because he seems to be a bit of a deep thinker.

How nice it will be to sit back and enjoy Sunday’s football and then loook forward to watching the playoffs without a care in the world.
(07-23-2020, 03:49 PM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: I kind of see what Spandau is coming from mainly because he seems to be a bit of a deep thinker.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. We have achieved promotion literally within the last few minutes of the season, after being put under immense pressure for several weeks by a chasing team, and one poster is claiming that this is the worst promotion ever. Furthermore, said poster has ascribed his dubious claim to the players [based on Livermore not "fistpumping" suffiently] and the fans [based on four of his mates].
IMVVHO, this promotion will be remembered much more significantly than those which we cantered to in previous years. 

"deep thinker"? I whole-heartedly disagree,

"over the fucking moon"? Hell yes!!!!
Played Golf with two Leeds fans tonight, digest:

- start of something big
- Cavani is a distinct possibility
- PSG likely to want us as a feeder club
- will go big in the transfer window
- we can afford who we want

Ffs
I think in many ways it was the most stressful of the 5. Especially these last few weeks. Imo and before that the Wigan defeat was a real worry

But the elation last night. We had it - gave it away - and....
(07-23-2020, 03:11 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 03:06 PM)ericlegrisly Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 10:37 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 08:39 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: 2nd best after 02. Last night reminded me of The Great Escape Pompey game. What a shame we weren't there to celebrate with the players.

We've had 5 (count them, 5) promotions to the top flight.

Like Jacko last night reminded me of the Great Escape. Such a shame we couldn't share it with the team  Sad

Err, I make it 11 (count them, 11) promotions to the top flight.

1902, 1911, 1925, 1931, 1949, 1976, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2020.

Just saying.
I'm aware of this, but don't think the average poster on here can talk about 1902 etc with any great perspective. I suppose we could throw in 93 and 76, but really for the way football is now it makes sense to talk about the modern era. After all, you didn't feel transported into some obscure universe when relegated pre Prem years. It's the financial gulf that makes the last 5 so different.

(07-23-2020, 03:10 PM)Allwhite Wrote: Leeds fan here, well done on achieving it, be thankful this is the 4th time you've been promoted in the time it's taken for us to get back there!

Over the season you deserved it and was hoping for you to join us particularly as your manager seems a decent bloke, although you did your best to Leeds it up.

Good luck next season (apart from against us)
May I be the first to welcome you, as you are clearly not the type who tried to set our ground alight in 86 or pull our fence down in 82.
One of my mates a big Leeds fan and we've enjoyed the rivalry this year and he comes to the Hawthorns when we meet, travelling from Dublin.
Anyway, we both got there, but you kept your heads better at the end. Sure last season's disappointment long forgotten now.

Things have changed a lot since those 80s antics thankfully and whilst, like most clubs, we still have some idiots, on the whole things are very different now.

Yes last season well forgotten though it was nice to see Rooney and the rest of them at Pride Park form a guard of honour and see us celebrate promotion on the pitch there. I think we were probably helped by the no crowd situation as the I'm sure pressure levels would have been a lot higher otherwise in some of the key games.