Was that the worst promotion ever?
Of the now 5 promotions to the Prem that was by far, in my humble opinion, the least joyous.
The whole pandemic issue has taken the crowds, the atmosphere, and our form, and we have had the good fortune to have crept over the line.
I don't want to diss the achievement, because we've had a great season, when you think what we were a couple of years ago. We'd have given our right arm for this at the start of the season.
To me 2002 will never be surpassed, and I think few will argue with that.
After all, we hit form at the right time and churned out win after win and gloriously overhauled the club many of us despise most. It was 16 long years and we thought we might never get back.
In 2004, we went up comfortably in 2nd spot, but without drama. We won promotion without kicking a ball and by then we were tiring slightly of the Megson style, and even lost the last 3 or 4.
2008 was what this season could have been. We weren't clinical, but exciting, and it was a wondrous night when we got the point v Southampton, with the title coming on the last day for the celebrations to really begin.
2010 was a half-way house in style, where Di Matteo took the best of Mowbray and some pragmatism, where we were always likely post Christmas to go up. It was a shame that Newcastle stopped us getting the title.
So in order I'd say 2002, 2008, 2010, 2004, 2020. 
Anyhow, all I know today is it's job done and well done to them all, even if the finale was excruciating.
2nd best after 02. Last night reminded me of The Great Escape Pompey game. What a shame we weren't there to celebrate with the players.
2004 the worst for me. The football we played was pretty dull (functional). A brief moment of excitement when we got over the line (Ipswich away, Sunderland away). Then we lost the last 3 games of the season to end on a flat note.
2008 not dissimilar to this season. Exciting football but a fragility to the side.
‘The worst promotion ever’

‘How much work there is to do because our squad is so weak’

‘We stumbled over the line’

Jesus Christ. The players haven’t took their kits off yet and the promotion party is well over on here. Doh!
All promotions are good for me. Some just better than others.
My Dad said the same thing about The Great Escape feeling.

Personally, I've really struggled with football post-lockdown. I've found it too stressful, and I don't think the enjoyment of being promoted has sunk in yet. The stress hasn't been helped by a Leeds-supporting friend messaging me anytime a game that could affect us was on. But then I felt bad as he genuinely wanted its to go up with them.

It's a weird feeling as the first half of the season was a lot of fun and there has been so many brilliant highlights.
Fanstastic and deserved that we're promoted. As Dumbo will point out, I didn't think we'd be near promotion at the beginning of the season.

However:

1. Since the covid break we've under-performed. Others have noted that Bilic's teams tend to be brittle psychologically. To counter that in the Prem we need to find a couple of cast iron characters to buttress any hint of lack of belief.

2. My pessimism at the beginning of the season was over not signing a replacement for Gayle. Our front line is weak, and we could do with getting some money from HRK, Austin, and Zohore for a couple of upgrades. While most of the team have performed and deserve their spot on the big stage, these three have under-performed.

Well done the team and the management.
(07-23-2020, 08:57 AM)Dumbo Wrote: ‘The worst promotion ever’

‘How much work there is to do because our squad is so weak’

‘We stumbled over the line’

Jesus Christ. The players haven’t took their kits off yet and the promotion party is well over on here. Doh!

Look for what you want to see Dumbo, but just like holidays promotions are good and special moments, but some better than others.
We were put through it past few weeks so if we are feeling relief rather than unbridled joy then so be it.
Seen a whole new side to Leeds fans this season. Never took to them in the past (tearing our ground apart in 1982 didn't help). But this season there had been a real camaraderie. Fans I know were really keen for the pair of us to go up. They saw us as a genuine decent sized club with a proud history as opposed to Brentford who they viewed as upstarts.
a few clubs have really struggled without crowds.

we seem to be one of them. i thought leeds wouldnt be the same but they have surprised me.

cant be proved but im in no doubt with a full house that would have been a relative walk in the park last night.

2004 was by far the "worst". very flat all season