Blues
(07-18-2020, 04:19 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 03:53 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 03:51 PM)Duffers Wrote: That Luton goal means they are not safe yet.

They play Derby on the last day while Luton have Blackburn at home and Charlton are at Leeds, who will most likely have been on the piss all week.

Whatever happens the last day usually produces some drama, let's hope it's all down the bottom!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Bum 'im Rowley!
(07-18-2020, 04:18 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 04:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Barnsley can only get 49 and Hull 48. Wigan can get 49 so Blues are safe.

I'm totally confused, so if Luton get 1 more point then Wigan's deduction kicks in? Excluding any appeals etc...

none of the bottom 3 have 49 yet... Luton can get 51, Charlton can get 51, Blues are on 50. So by virtue of Blues dropping into the relegation place and being on 50 that would mean Wigan's deduction kicks in... jeesh, no wonder they're appealing it, it's bloody contrived as heck.

The idea is that if they accumulated enough points to take the deduction this season and survive then it is not applied this season but next. So therefore it only kicks in if the deduction would relegate them. By virtue of that Blues are already safe on 50 pts.
I thought it kicked in this season if they finished outside the bottom 3 and next if they went down as one of the bottom 3 after 46 games?
(07-18-2020, 05:31 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote: I thought it kicked in this season if they finished outside the bottom 3 and next if they went down as one of the bottom 3 after 46 games?

I've just checked, and that is my understanding. Applied this season, unless you would have been relegated without the deduction. It is then applied next season.

I think Blues are safe. Just.
(07-18-2020, 05:54 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 05:31 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote: I thought it kicked in this season if they finished outside the bottom 3 and next if they went down as one of the bottom 3 after 46 games?

I've just checked, and that is my understanding. Applied this season, unless you would have been relegated without the deduction. It is then applied next season.

I think Blues are safe. Just.
Well I'm glad Blues are safe, I know a good few of 'em and don't wish 'em any harm.  It's a raw deal for Wigan though. It's really a double hit having 12 points deducted but the FA can do it when it hurts the most. The FA really are a selective bunch of twats.
I hope it works out for Wigan. No axe to grind with any of the teams, but Wigan have been fucked over. Hope it backfires on the cunts trying to make money out of it.
Blues are not safe yet though as Wigan have appealed their points deduction so if that gets overturned then Blues could still end below Luton and Charlton
(07-18-2020, 08:49 PM)fbaggy Wrote: Blues are not safe yet though as Wigan have appealed their points deduction so if that gets overturned then Blues could still end below Luton and Charlton

They may have appealed it, but the deduction is mandatory for Admin. Legal cases AOTS if that gets overturned
(07-18-2020, 09:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 08:49 PM)fbaggy Wrote: Blues are not safe yet though as Wigan have appealed their points deduction so if that gets overturned then Blues could still end below Luton and Charlton

They may have appealed it, but the deduction is mandatory for Admin. Legal cases AOTS if that gets overturned

Given the dodgy circumstances around Wigan’s administration it’ll be a sham if they don’t overturn it.

Whatever happens this will get very ugly.
(07-18-2020, 10:52 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 09:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Given the dodgy circumstances around Wigan’s administration it’ll be a sham if they don’t overturn it.

Whatever happens this will get very ugly.

Morally you are right  Duffers, but it will be a legal minefield. The EFL must be shitting it, because if Wigan dont stay up after 12 point deduction then it will get very messy.