Blues
(07-18-2020, 11:28 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 10:52 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 09:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 08:49 PM)fbaggy Wrote: Blues are not safe yet though as Wigan have appealed their points deduction so if that gets overturned then Blues could still end below Luton and Charlton

They may have appealed it, but the deduction is mandatory for Admin. Legal cases AOTS if that gets overturned

Given the dodgy circumstances around Wigan’s administration it’ll be a sham if they don’t overturn it.

Whatever happens this will get very ugly.

Morally you are right  Duffers, but it will be a legal minefield. The EFL must be shitting it, because if Wigan dont stay up after 12 point deduction then it will get very messy.

There is a Force Majeure clause in the rules that states the points deduction can be put to one side if the club can prove that administration occurred due to circumstances beyond their control, in this case COVID 19 pandemic. the process is that the punishment is applied then the club has to appeal proving why this was the case.

Not saying that it will get overturned but the unique circumstances of the enforced break in games gives them a chance that did not exist for other clubs where administration has occurred.
(07-18-2020, 04:18 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 04:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Barnsley can only get 49 and Hull 48. Wigan can get 49 so Blues are safe.

I'm totally confused, so if Luton get 1 more point then Wigan's deduction kicks in? Excluding any appeals etc...

none of the bottom 3 have 49 yet... Luton can get 51, Charlton can get 51, Blues are on 50. So by virtue of Blues dropping into the relegation place and being on 50 that would mean Wigan's deduction kicks in... jeesh, no wonder they're appealing it, it's bloody contrived as heck.

Totally agree, seems really odd. Obviously Wigan have no 'friends' in high places.
So Wigwam only get a points deduction if it puts them in a relegation position. If it doesn't they don't, and presumably it's carried over to next season.
Imagine if this was Vile, this rule would be totally reversed.
(07-19-2020, 05:50 AM)Supamart Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 04:18 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 04:14 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Barnsley can only get 49 and Hull 48. Wigan can get 49 so Blues are safe.

I'm totally confused, so if Luton get 1 more point then Wigan's deduction kicks in? Excluding any appeals etc...

none of the bottom 3 have 49 yet... Luton can get 51, Charlton can get 51, Blues are on 50. So by virtue of Blues dropping into the relegation place and being on 50 that would mean Wigan's deduction kicks in... jeesh, no wonder they're appealing it, it's bloody contrived as heck.

Totally agree, seems really odd. Obviously Wigan have no 'friends' in high places.
So Wigwam only get a points deduction if it puts them in a relegation position. If it doesn't they don't, and presumably it's carried over to next season.
Imagine if this was Vile, this rule would be totally reversed.

I think this is wrong. They will get a points deduction this season whatever happens now (assuming the appeal is unsuccessful). It would have only been carried to next season had they finished in the relegation zone this season which they haven't.
(07-18-2020, 05:31 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote: I thought it kicked in this season if they finished outside the bottom 3 and next if they went down as one of the bottom 3 after 46 games?

Wow that makes more sense and really shows how much the EFL hate them! Basically we're relegating you unless you win every game after lockdown, but if you do relegate yourself then you're starting on -12... FFS that is nasty.

Just give them the deduction and let them save themselves if they can... Or get it overturned.
(07-19-2020, 09:33 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 05:31 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote: I thought it kicked in this season if they finished outside the bottom 3 and next if they went down as one of the bottom 3 after 46 games?

Wow that makes more sense and really shows how much the EFL hate them! Basically we're relegating you unless you win every game after lockdown, but if you do relegate yourself then you're starting on -12... FFS that is nasty.

Just give them the deduction and let them save themselves if they can... Or get it overturned.

Yeah, hence why they're trying to get as many points on the board as possible this season to ensure they stay up. They've been screwed by their owner and by the EFL...I for one hope they earn enough points to stay up this season, it stinks for them!