Next Season
While the Prem could probably continue behind closed doors with TV money, I would have thought it would be impossible for leagues 1 and 2 to resume without fans income to pay players.
It is a massive problem for any event where the norm was to pack people tightly. I wouldn't want to guess a return of crowds. Second/third spikes, vaccines and their level of immunity and longevity will determine this but I would not be surprised if it was behind closed doors for the entire season.
I still stand by what I wrote back in April

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread....light=Next
Fans back in the stadium in October according to the Gov today.

The return of fans at games

Boris Johnson just now in Downing St: "From October we intend to bring back audiences in stadia ... in a Covid secure way subject to the successful outcome of pilots"
(07-17-2020, 10:38 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Fans back in the stadium in October according to the Gov today.

The return of fans at games

Boris Johnson just now in Downing St: "From October we intend to bring back audiences in stadia ... in a Covid secure way subject to the successful outcome of pilots"

Obviously it’ll be at a massively reduced capacity, be interesting to see what clubs do when they have more STHs than available seats.
But surely people from the same household don't need to have a seat between them? So it's only gap between bubbles of folk.
(07-17-2020, 10:58 AM)boingingjim Wrote: But surely people from the same household don't need to have a seat between them?  So it's only gap between bubbles of folk.

Difficult to enforce though, I imagine it will be 50% capacity with a seat between people.
In the form of his life.
I imagine away fans will be banned too..
Apparently the latest news on the vaccine will be in The Lancet on Monday.

I'm hoping it is the basis of this report that is giving the Govt the confidence to make these announcements.
(07-17-2020, 11:35 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Apparently the latest news on the vaccine will be in The Lancet on Monday.

I'm hoping it is the basis of this report that is giving the Govt the confidence to make these announcements.

More likely the government have decided to reopen everything just in time for the arrival of the second wave.