The Seals should have allowed Sheff U a "free goal"
(06-18-2020, 06:08 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 06:01 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 12:57 PM)fbaggy Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:44 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:19 AM)Peachy Wrote: I think what people are missing here is Paul Tierney was on VAR last night. He was looking at the same screens and angles we were. All he had to do was his job which is to pick up incidents which are wrong. 

The minute he sees that ball cross the line he should have radioed Oliver and said "Micheal stop the game a second whilst I check this out. It looks like there's been a mistake with Hawkeye".

After all that is why we have VAR. Clear and obvious errors. Fuck me they have waited 5 minutes for some miniscule offside decisions this season. Why on earth they didn't stop the game for a few minutes to look again was beyond negligent.

The FA are desperate for VAR to have some positive press and last night they get that perfect OPPORTUNITY and instead they get more negative press.

Bang on.

Unfortunately last night exposed a gap in the laws. Hawkeye is to be relied on to tell if the ball goes into the goal definitely, and VAR is used to check if it has then been done so fairly. Despite the resources being in place to check whether Hawkeye has functioned properly, the laws don't dictate it. VAR is used to check goals, and with Hawkeye not registering, a goal was never scored to check.

It's an absolute shambles and could have been prevented by Paul Tierney having some minerals and saying to Oliver that he thinks a goal has been scored but he absolutely bottled it.

but then how would they deal with it if a shot clearly hits the back of the net and Hawkeye fails for whatever reason? The ref would just give it and VAR would check it so VAR should have brought it to Oliver's attention and asked him to look at the footage then make the decision.
What baffles me is those at Stockley Park can suspect if someone's left big toe is 1mm offside and take 10 mins checking it yet couldn't see a football that was good 2ft over the line and TV coverage CLEARLY shows this never mind fuggin hawkeye, it absolutely stinks and their patheticly lame excuses to justify it make it worse.

What's the going bung rate ? Assume its just a pin number away in todays world.
Yeah, Villa managed to bribe the ref, both assistants and the people in the VAR setup without it coming out. Makes sense. 
It was a total cock-up. Get over it.