The Seals should have allowed Sheff U a "free goal"
Video 
But, obviously they're grade A cunts. 

And won't.
Who's the ref tonight? Mr Magoo
(06-17-2020, 06:11 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Who's the ref tonight? Mr Magoo

It’s not the ref’s fault the technology failed.
But VAR could clearly see it was a goal. 3 secs message to Oliver, problem sorted.
This all smells somewhat fishy wouldn't be surprised if a few brown envelopes have changed hands this last week no wonder Purslow had a smug grin the other day.
Leeds United Twitter has a pertinent gif and message
(06-17-2020, 06:21 PM)boingingjim Wrote: But VAR could clearly see it was a goal. 3 secs message to Oliver, problem sorted.

I have absolutely no idea how that goal wasn’t given, and if Villa survive by a point, or Sheff miss out on a Top 4/5 place due to that decision it’s a fucking disgrace. This technology was brought in to ensure mistakes like this are eradicated when there’s hundreds of millions of pounds at stake, and tonight’s game was definitely one where it is. 

Infuriating that within 45 mins of the season restarting were already talking about technology and the impact of VAR.
Apparently the boy ref got the goal notification at half time in the dressing room.
(06-17-2020, 07:50 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Apparently the boy ref got the goal notification at half time in the dressing room.

In which case couldn't he have given the goal? What are the rules? After all I've seen penalty decisions given a few minutes after the offence.
(06-17-2020, 07:57 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 07:50 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Apparently the boy ref got the goal notification at half time in the dressing room.

In which case couldn't he have given the goal? What are the rules? After all I've seen penalty decisions given a few minutes after the offence.

I think once the ball goes out and play is restarted the window closes to step in, after that there’s nothing they can do.