Four months too late
Just my opinion mind but I think with all the media fest over ending lockdown blah blah blah, Boris will have felt somewhat bullied into easing lockdown early in order to re start the economy etc and large sections of the populace will take this as lockdown over and will return to normality which as we haven't lockdown properly or hard enough and not reduced the infection numbers enough will almost certainly result in a 2nd wave of infections and regrettably deaths and if that happens trying to reintroduce any sort of lockdown measures again will be almost impossible as people will not take notice so may well be more devastating than the 1st wave it really is one big fugg up. Imho we should have had a hard lockdown at least 10 days earlier and closed the borders but no doubt the civil rights Brigade would have been up in arms at that, civil liberties and all that. Just my onions btw.
(05-10-2020, 09:09 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Just my opinion mind but I think with all the media fest over ending lockdown blah blah blah, Boris will have felt somewhat bullied into easing lockdown early in order to re start the economy etc and large sections of the populace will take this as lockdown over and will return to normality which as we haven't lockdown properly or hard enough and not reduced the infection numbers enough will almost certainly result in a 2nd wave of infections and regrettably deaths and if that happens trying to reintroduce any sort of lockdown measures again will be almost impossible as people will not take notice so may well be more devastating than the 1st wave it really is one big fugg up. Imho we should have had a hard lockdown at least 10 days earlier and closed the borders but no doubt the civil rights Brigade would have been up in arms at that, civil liberties and all that. Just my onions btw.

No doubt. I can't believe the difference between Australia border control and the UK. We really needed to be less precious about the freedom of a few, and more concerned about the health of many.
I doubt any sensible person left, right or centre would have been upset with tighter controls on flights, ferries coming into the country during a pandemic. Particularly when there was just down the road relatively speaking (Italy) a real example of what was to come. A government is not a PR exercise it’s job is to govern and make on occasion unpopular decisions but when you have modelled your election and party on popularism you can’t do that.
Which MPS have suggested shutting our borders and when?
(05-10-2020, 09:09 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: . Imho we should have had a hard lockdown at least 10 days earlier and closed the borders but no doubt the civil rights Brigade would have been up in arms at that, civil liberties and all that. Just my onions btw.

What, you mean like they were when lockdown was imposed?
I can't actually find any information on this Civil Rights Brigade; are they are a paramilitary organisation?
I read today that the 14 day isolation won’t apply to the French nor the Irish.   So people from those countries won’t enter the UK with the virus?  Confused
There is a subtle difference to what you have said there FF as I read it, it says that people coming from France or Ireland so effectively anyone from anywhere coming through those countries.
(05-11-2020, 09:23 AM)baggy1 Wrote: There is a subtle difference to what you have said there FF as I read it, it says that people coming from France or Ireland so effectively anyone from anywhere coming through those countries.

You’re right.  Thanks.  That makes even less sense. Maybe it’s to allow illegal immigrants to still be allowed in to the UK Big Grin
Spain are removing their 14 day quarantine for people entering their country, just as we are about to introduce ours. Arf.