8pm clapping
(04-24-2020, 01:26 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Congratulations on the most contrived Tory excuse of the whole pandemic CA - You are saying that Germany's response of testing early and tracing the virus and taking appropriate Federal measures (whilst we sat back and talked of herd immunity and not having any testing available) is not the reason for their success, it was simply because they have a tax based private insurance system in place.

You win the Proth defence award of the week for that one mate.

A Tory excuse?  Quite the opposite ffs.

We simply haven't funded it adequately enough to do all the necessary measures that the Germans have done.  You get what you pay for and the "Cuts, Cuts, Cuts" (3 word slogan for Dominic Cummings) offered for the last 10 years have fucked us over. Royally.

This thread was about the NHS not the other mistakes made in the early days.
(04-24-2020, 05:26 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 01:26 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Congratulations on the most contrived Tory excuse of the whole pandemic CA - You are saying that Germany's response of testing early and tracing the virus and taking appropriate Federal measures (whilst we sat back and talked of herd immunity and not having any testing available) is not the reason for their success, it was simply because they have a tax based private insurance system in place.

You win the Proth defence award of the week for that one mate.

A Tory excuse?  Quite the opposite ffs.

We simply haven't funded it adequately enough to do all the necessary measures that the Germans have done.  You get what you pay for and the "Cuts, Cuts, Cuts" (3 word slogan for Dominic Cummings) offered for the last 10 years have fucked us over. Royally.

This thread was about the NHS not the other mistakes made in the early days.

Apologies then CA I read it with my red tinted glasses on and thought you were pointing out the pseudo private system being the success factor
All the bluster and misdirection doesn’t hide the fact at the time of voting Tory ministers bar one voted against public sector workers getting a pay rise. For whatever reason they were cheering and braying like fucking farm yard animals which was crass at best given they were voting on people’s incomes. What happened next is irrelevant to their behaviour that day and quite rightly they and those that voted for them subsequently are being called out as hypocrites as they showed absolutely no respect to those public sector workers, many of whom before Covid 19 were described by the same people as ‘low skilled’, and are now lauded as heroes and ‘key workers.’
(04-24-2020, 06:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: All the bluster and misdirection doesn’t hide the fact at the time of voting Tory ministers bar one voted against public sector workers getting a pay rise. For whatever reason they were cheering and braying like fucking farm yard animals which was crass at best given they were voting on people’s incomes. What happened next is irrelevant to their behaviour that day and quite rightly they and those that voted for them subsequently are being called out as hypocrites as they showed absolutely no respect to those public sector workers, many of which before Covid 19 were described by the same people as ‘low skilled!’

A little idealistic, I confess, But I am really hoping a lot of politicians come out of this with some different, more positive, ideas.
(04-24-2020, 06:37 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 06:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: All the bluster and misdirection doesn’t hide the fact at the time of voting Tory ministers bar one voted against public sector workers getting a pay rise. For whatever reason they were cheering and braying like fucking farm yard animals which was crass at best given they were voting on people’s incomes. What happened next is irrelevant to their behaviour that day and quite rightly they and those that voted for them subsequently are being called out as hypocrites as they showed absolutely no respect to those public sector workers, many of which before Covid 19 were described by the same people as ‘low skilled!’

A little idealistic, I confess, But I am really hoping a lot of politicians come out of this with some different, more positive, ideas.

I hope so too but I won't be holding my breath, unfortunately once the dust has settled most of our elected elite(of all parties) will undoubtedly revert back to type mores the pity.
These infections don't just go away.

"Low tax, small state. Low tax, small state": there will still be people out there harbouring all sorts of dangerous shit. They might be beyond treatment, but they do need to be isolated.
(04-23-2020, 09:26 PM)Loanee Wrote: “But I’ll still vote for a party that cheers not giving nhs workers a pay rise”

Correct. 

A trite, hollow gesture.
Welcome back, Malc.
(04-25-2020, 09:22 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:26 PM)Loanee Wrote: “But I’ll still vote for a party that cheers not giving nhs workers a pay rise”

Correct. 

A trite, hollow gesture.

That says a lot about the condition of the Labour Party at the last election.
(04-25-2020, 02:33 PM)Squid Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 09:22 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

Correct. 

A trite, hollow gesture.

That says a lot about the condition of the Labour Party at the last election.

Indeed but it also says a lot about many of our electorate Get Stupid Done