Team v Luton
(08-14-2019, 01:13 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:31 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:21 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:10 AM)Duffers Wrote: Did I miss Phillips’ conversion to a central midfielder?

Depends how many games you attended last season. He played a few times in the centre, mainly because we had to play him there as the others were all too slow.

Johnstone
O'Shea, Ajayi, Bartley,
Phillips, Sawyers, Livermore, Gibbs
Krov
Zohore, Austin

Subs: Bond, Ferguson, Townsend, Harper, Diangana, Edwards, HRK

Saved me an post.

Think Phillips’ best position last year was a wingback.

We’ve struggled to look a threat in both 433 and 4231 even with far better strikers than we currently have so IMO its crucial we get 2 strikers into the middle.

Potentially move O’Shea for Ferguson to give is another overlap like Sheff Utd did to such great effect last year, and also gives us the option to switch to 442 out of possession easily.

Phillips is a winger, it’s his best position by a mile IMO. He filled in ok in centre mid last year but he’s miles better on the wing.

Yes, but last season we didn't use wingers...  He was at his best as a wingback.
(08-14-2019, 01:53 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 01:13 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:31 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:21 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:10 AM)Duffers Wrote: Did I miss Phillips’ conversion to a central midfielder?

Depends how many games you attended last season. He played a few times in the centre, mainly because we had to play him there as the others were all too slow.

Johnstone
O'Shea, Ajayi, Bartley,
Phillips, Sawyers, Livermore, Gibbs
Krov
Zohore, Austin

Subs: Bond, Ferguson, Townsend, Harper, Diangana, Edwards, HRK

Saved me an post.

Think Phillips’ best position last year was a wingback.

We’ve struggled to look a threat in both 433 and 4231 even with far better strikers than we currently have so IMO its crucial we get 2 strikers into the middle.

Potentially move O’Shea for Ferguson to give is another overlap like Sheff Utd did to such great effect last year, and also gives us the option to switch to 442 out of possession easily.

Phillips is a winger, it’s his best position by a mile IMO. He filled in ok in centre mid last year but he’s miles better on the wing.

Yes, but last season we didn't use wingers...  He was at his best as a wingback.

Oh true last season. Bilic won’t play wing backs though.
Doesn't matter who we play, all we have to do is stand around their penalty area when their keeper and defenders have got the ball and watch them try to play it out, even HRK can score Big Grin

He played there a few times last season prior to injury including in our best performance of the season at home to Leeds
(08-14-2019, 03:25 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

He played there a few times last season prior to injury including in our best performance of the season at home to Leeds

But didn’t we sign midfielders so that we wouldn’t have to stick a winger back there?
(08-14-2019, 10:01 AM)Squid Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 09:40 AM)Dumbo Wrote: .............Johnstone...........
Ferguson Ajai Bartley Gibbs
......Sawyers Livermore......
Diangana Krovinovic Phillips
...............Zohore...............

Bond, Furlong, Townsend, Pereria, Austin, Edwards, Brunt

This looks like the team.

OP what did Brunt do wrong last night? I though he had a decent match.

Agree re: Brunt. Team above would be mine but with a direct swap between Furlong staring and Ferguson on the bench otherwise looks a pretty decent outfit.