The Warley Odeon
Just as a matter of interest, as a Bearwood lad, where was the Warley Odeon?
The Digbeth flyover is still used as a landmark in our household.
(07-25-2019, 10:43 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Just as a matter of interest, as a Bearwood lad, where was the Warley Odeon?

On the crossroads by McDonalds, and the former Jonathans site. Opposite the Amber Tavern. Tricorn House sits there now.

Can anyone remind me of the name of The Amber Tavern before it was tarted up? I recall it was a rough hole.
(07-26-2019, 02:04 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 10:43 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Just as a matter of interest, as a Bearwood lad, where was the Warley Odeon?

On the crossroads by McDonalds, and the former Jonathans site. Opposite the Amber Tavern. Tricorn House sits there now.

Can anyone remind me of the name of The Amber Tavern before it was tarted up? I recall it was a rough hole.

The Bass House, I had many a happy evening in there.
The Warley Bowl ,The border between the Smethwick Mob & the Quinton Mob
I was only a young lad in the early 70s , but witness many a battle around that area.

Seem to remember if you were Smethwick you wore red Socks , while Quinton wore light Blue.
(07-26-2019, 02:29 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:

Yeah, The Bass House and Cock and Magpies up the road, them was the days.
(07-25-2019, 08:06 PM)4-hero Wrote: The Iron Schools anyone?

Used to catch the 243 or 244 midland red bus there to the Claughton in Blowers Green Road
?
http://www.photobydjnorton.com/Birmingham.html#Links

Some cracking photos on ere
(07-26-2019, 05:42 AM)tiptontown Wrote:

Bass House, that was it. Didn't use that or The Cock & Maggies very often, but had a few good nights in there.
(07-26-2019, 09:52 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 05:42 AM)tiptontown Wrote:

Bass House, that was it. Didn't use that or The Cock & Maggies very often, but had a few good nights in there.
I still refer to Miller and Carter as the Cock and Maggies, it’s where most of my youth was spent!