Slaven interview today 4.30 pm ...
(06-24-2019, 08:24 PM)billybassett Wrote: Is this the same Slaven Bilic who has been out of work since Feb but for some reason we never wanted to appoint at that point; instead we gave our promotion chances to an under 7s kids manager, yet all of a sudden he's now the bees knees?

You’re going to have explain what Shan did wrong during that time?
(06-24-2019, 08:24 PM)billybassett Wrote: Is this the same Slaven Bilic who has been out of work since Feb but for some reason we never wanted to appoint at that point; instead we gave our promotion chances to an under 7s kids manager, yet all of a sudden he's now the bees knees?

I never said he's the bees knees, he wouldn't even have been my first choice. But he is Albion's manager now and for that very reason I'll back him 100%. Bilic appears to be a genuinely decent guy that has had some success with the Croatian side, and their junior teams, and I can only hope whatever went wrong at West Ham has helped him in some way. Whatever does happen, it ain't gonna be dull.
(06-24-2019, 08:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I never said he's the bees knees, he wouldn't even have been my first choice. But he is Albion's manager now and for that very reason I'll back him 100%. Bilic appears to be a genuinely decent guy that has had some success with the Croatian side, and their junior teams, and I can only hope whatever went wrong at West Ham has helped him in some way. Whatever does happen, it ain't gonna be dull.

He did get them to finish 7th so it was wasn’t all wrong.
(06-24-2019, 08:30 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

You’re going to have explain what Shan did wrong during that time?

Shan did OK in my book. I think a lot of the stick he got is really fans frustration with the boards tardiness in getting a manager in got projected onto him.
(06-24-2019, 08:45 PM)Ciro Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 08:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I never said he's the bees knees, he wouldn't even have been my first choice. But he is Albion's manager now and for that very reason I'll back him 100%. Bilic appears to be a genuinely decent guy that has had some success with the Croatian side, and their junior teams, and I can only hope whatever went wrong at West Ham has helped him in some way. Whatever does happen, it ain't gonna be dull.

Agreed. My only concern was  he did it by giving a disciplined Allardyce side some freedom but couldn't stop the slide when it all got a bit loose. I could be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the first time Smile .    Like I say, I'm behind the guy and I reckon it won't be dull.
(06-24-2019, 08:50 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 08:45 PM)Ciro Wrote:

Agreed. My only concern was  he did it by giving a disciplined Allardyce side some freedom but couldn't stop the slide when it all got a bit loose. I could be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the first time Smile .    Like I say, I'm behind the guy and I reckon it won't be dull.

A bit like Steve Clarke post Hodgson I supposeGetting to 8th with a lit of Hodgsons ideas then slipped up when he put his stamp on it..  it’ll be interesting though and after the disappointment post Villa am now a lot more excited than I thought I’d be for new season.