Why Albion
I went to a few Albion and Wolves games as a nipper, (Albion first in 79) followed Wolves season they won League cup only because you could sit and watch on waterloo rd end (My old man preffered me to be Wolves than Villa but he never disliked any team) but I lost interest until 92 when I played a bit. 

I then had a choice, my dad was Albion, I was born in West Brom I liked Ozzie Ardilles, my mates were all Wolves....... Baggies it was!

Sadly never got to go to any Albion games with my dad as he dies in 89.  Sad hence why I love going with my son so much.
(05-22-2019, 12:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 12:34 PM)Sandking Wrote: During my formative years, I grew on the No1 shithole backwater Council Estate in West Bromwich.

I remember at the time thinking there were only two kinds of people in this world, 6 foot plus Rastafarians smoking shit all day and night, and 6 foot plus skinheads glue bagging all day and night. I lived on the 20th floor of a tower block, piss soaked lift floors, dimly lit landing corridors where one light bulb was meant to illuminate the whole landing, shitty baby nappies slung of balconies and out of high windows etc.

From my bedroom window, I could see the Hawthorns floodlights and this especially captivated and transfixed me during home night matches. Very much like the moth to a light bulb effect. Only one team for me from that moment on.

I do occasionally drive back there in a Wonder Years kinda way - it certainly grounds a kid.

Were you by the cricketer arms by any chance?

No - The Mill and The Spinney were the two suckers.
(05-22-2019, 11:00 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Family all from West Brom, business’s were based in West Brom and all the family support the club. So after brief affairs as a kid with Everton and Wimbledon it was inevitable really. Still have a soft spot for Wimbledon simply due to them pissing purists off for years.

Ah, and it all becomes clear...
(05-22-2019, 01:46 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 11:00 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Family all from West Brom, business’s were based in West Brom and all the family support the club. So after brief affairs as a kid with Everton and Wimbledon it was inevitable really. Still have a soft spot for Wimbledon simply due to them pissing purists off for years.

Ah, and it all becomes clear...

Big Grin
(05-22-2019, 01:07 PM)Sandking Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 12:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 12:34 PM)Sandking Wrote: During my formative years, I grew on the No1 shithole backwater Council Estate in West Bromwich.

I remember at the time thinking there were only two kinds of people in this world, 6 foot plus Rastafarians smoking shit all day and night, and 6 foot plus skinheads glue bagging all day and night. I lived on the 20th floor of a tower block, piss soaked lift floors, dimly lit landing corridors where one light bulb was meant to illuminate the whole landing, shitty baby nappies slung of balconies and out of high windows etc.

From my bedroom window, I could see the Hawthorns floodlights and this especially captivated and transfixed me during home night matches. Very much like the moth to a light bulb effect. Only one team for me from that moment on.

I do occasionally drive back there in a Wonder Years kinda way - it certainly grounds a kid.

Were you by the cricketer arms by any chance?

No - The Mill and The Spinney were the two suckers.

The Spinney has been transformed... 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant...gland.html
Mom and Dad from Handsworth my mom a real Brumie at heart with only a passing interest in football. Dad and granddad Albion . My dad went to Watfield Rd school . The school football team played in Albion colour s.
Dad had stopped going by the early 80s dads Albion passion cooling.. Brought up in Halesowen I was never taken up there . My friends were all nerds A few casual Villa a fair few hidden or pro dromal baggies. First aware if my families Albion loyalty was the Bradly goal vs wolves watching on central match live.
Later at Dudley college new football mad classmates insisted I go to a game and I then began to follow Albion.
Had no choice. Grew up in Wolvo but both sides of the family were Albion. Dad from Bilston mum from Sedgley.

Was in the South Bank with a wolves mate when we did them 3 nil in about 1978 and I was 10 years old. Loads of trouble after but I didn't really appreciate what was going on.

To be fair I have loads of Wolves mates who are actually ok.
Born in DY3, brought up in WV14, attended schools in Woodsetton and Sedgley.

Both sides of family Albion, and dad and older brother took me to 70s reserve matches before my inaugural first team experience. The 78 team is MyAlbion.

Always thought we had the best name, kit and colours.

Also, the Albion fans at school were brighter and better company than the Dingle scum, there was hardly any Seals and no Blues, just one Walsall fan.
For me started a long time ago, around 1964, believe it or not, i went to see the Villa first against Burnley, that man Andy Lockhead scored with a great header, 0-1 to Burnley, so
the next week, i went to see my beloved Baggies, we were playing Leicester City, there was a young goalkeeper that day for them, his name, Gordon Banks, we stuck five past him, at
that point, 90 mins, relationship was over, i said its time we got married, and i have been happily married ever since. Big Grin
Born in aldridge but moved to kingstanding when I was 4 .my dad is Albion my older brother is Albion and my son wasn't going to get away with it he is Albion. As you can imagine it was all villa over there was only a few of us over there at that time . 99% of my mates st school and still now over there are villa . They tried their hardest to get me to change teams couldn't even think of doing it ......that's why I despise the bastards so much .my mom's family are all blues so we have none of those twats in our bloodline .