Dorrans
(05-24-2019, 08:24 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:21 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:18 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:12 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Man, I really thought Dorrans was the next Messi that season we went up under RDM.

I remember West Ham being linked with a big money move but he stayed and never really hit the heights in the Prem.

He was excellent in 09/10 and we all thought we had some player on our hands. It was like the confidence completely drained from him after that season and didn't look anywhere near the same player.

Sure he had some personal shit going on, which didn't help!

Still a good servant.

Apparently so.

Yep. He and his Wife went through through the trauma of a a stillborn baby
(05-24-2019, 08:41 AM)MGalea Wrote: Would've probably ran away with the league if we'd had him circa 09/10 last season.

Also I believe he scored the goal when we finally beat Stoke?

Certainly did. Great watching that go in.
(05-24-2019, 08:49 AM)Albion Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:18 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:12 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Man, I really thought Dorrans was the next Messi that season we went up under RDM.

I remember West Ham being linked with a big money move but he stayed and never really hit the heights in the Prem.

He was excellent in 09/10 and we all thought we had some player on our hands. It was like the confidence completely drained from him after that season and didn't look anywhere near the same player.

Still a good servant.

Apparently so.

That's correct. I defy anyone to concentrate on football with that. I think I'm also right in saying they had another child who then contracted meningitis but luckily pulled through.

It's fair to say Dozza had to deal with a lot away from the pitch.

I met him once and he came across as a lovely, softly spoken guy. Really down to earth. I truly believe that season we went up under RDM he was simply unplayable.

People talk of Greasy being worth £50m after half a dozen goals and a couple of assists. I'm not sure what Dorrans stats were that season but I seem to remember something like 17 goals and 15 assists!
(05-24-2019, 10:22 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:49 AM)Albion Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:18 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: He was excellent in 09/10 and we all thought we had some player on our hands. It was like the confidence completely drained from him after that season and didn't look anywhere near the same player.

Still a good servant.

Apparently so.

That's correct. I defy anyone to concentrate on football with that. I think I'm also right in saying they had another child who then contracted meningitis but luckily pulled through.

It's fair to say Dozza had to deal with a lot away from the pitch.

I met him once and he came across as a lovely, softly spoken guy. Really down to earth. I truly believe that season we went up under RDM he was simply unplayable.

People talk of Greasy being worth £50m after half a dozen goals and a couple of assists. I'm not sure what Dorrans stats were that season but I seem to remember something like 17 goals and 15 assists!

Yes. Agree an absolute lovely lad who was with us for 7 years. I actually disliked that Pulis got rid of Dorrans as soon as he arrived. Thought he could have still been at Albion as he was very settled in the area too.

He still had some decent games at Prem level. Was key in the 12/13 season to finishing 8th. Dorrans was good. Very good. But Grealish is an exceptional talent who could play for any team in the world. He’s that damn good.
If this was purely a football related attack, then it sucks. Nobody deserves to be treated in this way just because they play for a football club.
Horrific
(05-24-2019, 08:45 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:41 AM)MGalea Wrote: Would've probably ran away with the league if we'd had him circa 09/10 last season.

Yep. Was there that day. Was beautiful. Hodgson, Mozza 'fuck you' celebration, penalty save and Dorrans last minute free kick.

MAF was unbelievable that day. Bullied Shawcross and Huth.
(05-24-2019, 11:30 AM)Statto Wrote:
(05-24-2019, 08:45 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Yep. Was there that day. Was beautiful. Hodgson, Mozza 'fuck you' celebration, penalty save and Dorrans last minute free kick.

MAF was unbelievable that day. Bullied Shawcross and Huth.

Yeah he was. The fans were chanted his name from the off, as though we knew what was about to unfold.

Good away day that.
Is it just me, but this thread is meandering in a strange direction. My immediate thoughts are what exactingly happened? Is he OK? Hope all is well with him and the scum who did this jailed.
(05-24-2019, 02:02 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Is it just me, but this thread is meandering in a strange direction. My immediate thoughts are what exactingly happened? Is he OK? Hope all is well with him and the scum who did this jailed.

Think that probably goes without saying.